Why Should You Choose a Program from Liberty’s College of Arts and Sciences?
Our College of Arts & Sciences offers a wide variety of degrees that provide the personalized educational experience you’re looking for.
To answer a need for history professionals in academia and related career fields, we created the Ph.D. in History and Executive Certificate in History. Our doctoral-level history courses will prepare you for the field with advanced research grounded in ethical scholarship.
Are you interested in earning a Ph.D. in History degree so that you can pursue careers in education, research, politics, archaeology, or management of national landmarks or museums? Whatever your history-related career goals are, we can provide the training you need to excel in academia or in other career fields that require an extensive understanding of American and world history.
Liberty University’s 100% online Executive Certificate in History allows you to study history at the doctoral level while giving you the opportunity to complete a PhD later. This certificate track transfers all 21 credit hours into the Ph.D. in History.
If you have any questions or need assistance in finding the right online degree for you, contact an Admissions Counselor at (800) 424-9596!
What are the Benefits of Earning an Online Degree from Liberty?
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences).
College of Arts and Sciences Highlights
- Our faculty members have real-world experience teaching, researching and publishing, and invest in students by providing them with practical skills they can use to further their careers.
- At Liberty, we care about our students as individuals and seek to help them grow in their walk with Christ. To fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ, our courses are taught from a biblical worldview.
- BestColleges.com recognized our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in history in the top 1% on their lists of Best Online History Programs.