Explore the Fundamentals of Creative Writing and English to Help You Take a Step Forward in Your Career
Do you have a passion for storytelling and are looking to develop your writing skills? Do you want to ensure you are as prepared as possible for your future career? Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Creative Writing – English can give you a fundamental knowledge of the English language and practical skills that can make a difference in your career outlook.
Various types of creative works are covered in your classes, which can help mold you into a more well-rounded author. If you are interested in developing a deep understanding of the English language and how it can be used to communicate through stories, Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Creative Writing – English may be the right fit for you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing with a Concentration in English?
At Liberty, we seek to ensure our students receive the best education possible – regardless of subject area. Our professors have real-world experience and are specially equipped to help you develop the skills needed to distinguish yourself as an author.
Our mission here at Liberty University is to Train Champions for Christ. We teach all our courses from a Christian worldview. This gives our BS in Creative Writing – English a unique perspective on how communication is used in many media forms.
Because our degree is 100% online, you can take classes while maintaining your current commitments – both personal and professional. We are here to come alongside you and help you succeed without putting your life on hold. Partner with us, and we can work together to prepare you for an exciting career in creative writing.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor of Science in Creative Writing – English Degree?
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Creative Writing with a concentration in English contains courses designed to teach you marketable writing skills in a wide variety of genres, including poetry, novellas, memoirs, theater, and film. Other courses will cover editing for publishing, methods and materials of research, print and digital publishing, writing for cultural engagement, and a creative writing workshop.
You also can take several elective English and/or writing courses as part of your specialization. Some of the topics you could study include American literature, English literature, world literature, inspirational writing, grant writing, and fashion writing. This gives you the unique opportunity to tailor your degree to your interests and prepare specifically for your desired future career.
- WRIT 201 – Introduction to Creative Writing
- WRIT 303 – Writing Poetry
- WRIT 304 – Novellas
- WRIT 400 – Editing for Publishing
Highlights of Our Bachelor of Science in Creative Writing – English Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete this online creative writing degree in as little as 3.5 years!
- You can mix and match several English and writing electives to make your degree tailored to your interests and goals.
- Liberty University holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Bachelor of Science in Creative Writing – English Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Science in Creative Writing – English Graduates
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.