Advise and Train Others on Life-Saving Regulations With Liberty’s M.S. in Aeronautics – Aviation Safety
Every year, aeronautics organizations meet with new regulations and standards for safety. These changes can be challenging to evaluate and implement without having highly-trained aviation safety professionals on staff, ready to train and advise. If you want to be an expert in aviation safety regulations and best practices so that you can fill this vital need in the field, then you may need training beyond the bachelor’s level. Liberty’s online Master of Science in Aeronautics – Aviation Safety is designed to give you the in-depth and advanced studies in regulations, procedures, and management techniques you will need to be a leader in aeronautics safety.
In your Master of Science in Aeronautics, you will study under our faculty of seasoned professionals who have years of real-world aviation experience. You will explore advanced techniques and cutting-edge technology that can help you apply your flight training and experience to new challenges in aviation.
With our mission to Train Champions for Christ, we have based all the courses within our School of Aeronautics on biblical principles, so you are prepared to act with excellence and integrity in all you do. Our students have a reputation as honest hard workers who are well-trained in their field. As a result, our graduates are highly sought after by employers. When you partner with us, you can be confident that we will give you the foundation you need to become a respected, innovative industry leader.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Aeronautics – Aviation Safety Degree?
By earning a graduate aviation safety degree, you can use your experience to help new pilots become safer and more effective. Corporations, flight schools, government agencies, and other aviation organizations need experts who can help implement new regulations. Through the M.S. in Aeronautics, you will gain new advanced skills and knowledge in aviation safety, management, and leadership while positioning yourself to meet the demand for aviation safety professionals.
Liberty’s M.S. in Aeronautics is designed to give you a practical course of study that expands on your flight and aviation knowledge to learn how to manage operations and personnel in an aviation organization. You will learn new skills that can help you advance your career and train aviation professionals for critical safety procedures. With these skills, you will be well-equipped to pursue roles in aviation safety management.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Our School of Aeronautics has won the Loening Trophy, one of the rarest and oldest collegiate aviation awards, for being the outstanding all-around collegiate aviation program in the nation 3 years in a row. Your education from Liberty University can help you stand out in the field.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Aeronautics – Aviation Safety Online Degree?
Earning a Master of Science in Aeronautics will provide you with a well-rounded understanding of the aviation industry and leadership. You’ll dive into courses in aviation safety and leadership to prepare for the ever-changing aeronautics field. Throughout our master’s in aeronautics program, you will expand on your previous flight and aviation safety training. You will study the structure of aviation organizations, aviation law, and how to be an ethical leader.
The aviation safety specialization provides additional, advanced studies in aviation safety to prepare you for specialized roles as a safety expert in the aerospace industry. You will study practical approaches to building a safer work environment and learn in-depth assessment approaches. You will also have a firm grounding in current issues in aviation safety so that you are ready to enter the field up-to-speed on the challenges of today.
Finally, you will complete a practical capstone project that will demonstrate your knowledge and help to establish you as an expert in aviation.
- AVIA 505 – Aviation Context and Foundations
- AVIA 573 – Safety Culture Methods
- AVIA 574 – Graduate Safety Analysis
- AVIA 575 – Contemporary Issues in Aviation Safety
Highlights of Our Master of Science in Aeronautics
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online aeronautics degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Complete an aeronautics capstone project to demonstrate how your industry-specific skills can solve real-world problems.
- You could complete the Master of Science in Aeronautics – Aviation Safety in as little as 1 year!
Master of Science in Aeronautics – Aviation Safety
- This program falls under the School of Aeronautics.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Aeronautics Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online M.S. in Aeronautics Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for M.S. in Aeronautics – Aviation Safety Online Graduates
- Aircraft manufacturer manager
- Aircraft manufacturer safety program manager
- Airline safety program manager
- Aviation regulations consultant
- FAA safety inspector
Admission Requirements for the Online Graduate Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.