Advising for Freshmen & Sophomores
Freshmen and Sophomores
Professional advisors are able to outline everything you need to know about Liberty’s policies, procedures, and graduation requirements. We are here to assist you in developing decision-making skills and responsibility for your education, career plans, and achievements.
We offer personalized advising for:
- Residential freshmen and sophomores
- First-semester transfer students
- Students in academic difficulty
- Club Sports athletes
- NCAA student-athletes
You may have an advising hold which prevents you from registering for classes unless you have met with your professional advisor. All professional advisors are assigned to students based on their declared major. Find your professional advisor and make an appointment.
Special Circumstances for Professional Advising
- NCAA student-athletes must meet with their professional advisor each semester. (NCAA seniors are also encouraged to meet with faculty in their respective major.)
- School of Engineering and Computational Science students must meet with their professional advisor each semester.
- Secondary Teacher Licensure students must meet with the professional advisor in the School of Education in addition to the professional advisor for their chosen major.