When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

Change of Major/Minor

Students may declare or change their major immediately upon entering Liberty University.  Declaring or changing a major does not imply acceptance into programs such as nursing, teacher licensure, or athletic training.  Such programs have specific requirements before acceptance is granted.

Procedures for Declaring/Changing Your Major

Residential Students

  • Visit the Change of Major online request form
  • Majors or minors changed after the start of classes of each semester will NOT be effective until the following semester.
  • All students will be assigned to a CASAS Professional Advisor specific to the major.
  • Residential students (Freshmen & Sophomores) with questions about graduation and degree requirements should check with their CASAS Professional Advisor.
  • Residential students (Juniors & Seniors) with questions about advising or course scheduling should check with their Faculty Advisor for their major. For questions about remaining degree requirements, they should check with their Academic Evaluator.

Online Students

Please email Liberty University Online Advising.

Special Notes

  • Virginia residents should verify that their VTAG will not be impacted prior to declaring/changing their major.
  • Any student desiring to be placed on a degree plan they were previously pursuing must seek approval from their Department Chair or Dean.