|Dr. Beth Ackerman — Associate Dean, School of Education
Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education
As an individual with a desire to further your education and gain insight into the foundational principles of education, earning your Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education will equip you to achieve your goals and succeed in your career. With Liberty Online, approach the discipline of education from a Christian perspective to establish a firm understanding of early childhood educational development and behavior.
Study current trends practiced in today’s private and public schools, while evaluating associated methods and interventions such as differentiated learning and direct instruction. Courses also examine theories and methodology of Christian education that will assist those who will work in Christian schools, churches, and the home. Gain a foundation of education that can prepare you to earn your Bachelor of Science in Education. Liberty University Online offers a number of options for online bachelor's degrees.
Prior learning and experience may be assessed for academic credit toward your degree with Liberty Online. Credentials accepted for transfer include:
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Christian Child Development Education (CCDE), CDEA
- The Preschool Associate Credential (PAC), ACSI
- $375 per credit hour (based on full-time enrollment)
- 60 total hours
- 50 percent (9 hours) of major must be taken through Liberty
- 15 hours must be completed through Liberty (Online and/or Residential)
- No practicum is required.
Potential Career Fields
- Early Childhood Centers
Want to learn more?