Put Your Passion into Practice with Liberty’s Degrees in Communication and the Arts
Your college education will play a vital role in where and how far you will go in your career. At Liberty, we set students up for success. Partner with us to gain invaluable industry insight and job opportunities for your work in the fields of strategic communication, communication, digital media, or journalism. Get excited about a career in theater, film production, studio art, or graphic design.
Learn from professors who have years of real-world experience from journalism to broadcasting. Get the skills you need to become an actor, director, or scriptwriter through a degree in theatre arts. Join the film and television industry and become a director with Liberty’s film production and content development bachelor’s degree. Join an advertising agency or public relations firm with a degree in strategic communication.
Whether you dream of performing on Broadway, working with a nonprofit organization, designing for a prestigious advertising agency, standing out as a light in the world of journalism and media, or building your own business, we have a program for you. Take your talent further with Liberty University.
Communication and the Arts Bachelor Degree Programs
Our Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting will help you develop your craft by focusing on a variety of acting styles and periods, stage combat, movement, and dialects and accents.
Digital Media and Journalism (B.S.)
Our B.S. in Digital Media and Journalism prepares you for effective storytelling from concept to completion. You will learn the processes of pre-production, production, and post-production in your courses.
Film Production and Content Development (B.S.)
Our Bachelor of Science in Film Production and Content Development is designed to help students like you produce impactful and professional films and TV shows that have a competitive edge.
Film Production and Creative Development (B.F.A.)
Our Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Film Production and Creative Development can help equip you with a working knowledge of producing and directing movies. This degree program also offers several specialization options – allowing you to focus your studies on topics in film that you’re most passionate about.
Graphic Design (B.F.A.)
Our Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design is considered a pre-professional degree that will equip you with extensive practice-based coursework in the field of graphic design.
Musical Theatre (B.F.A.)
Our Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre will focus on developing your music, dance, and acting skills.
Strategic Communication (B.S.)
Studio and Digital Arts (B.S.)
Studio Art (B.F.A.)
Our Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art will help refine your artistic abilities while teaching you how to use art to influence culture. Study both 2D and 3D art under professors with years of industry and teaching experience.
Theatre Arts (B.A.)
Our Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts is designed to equip you for a wide range of theatre-based careers. If you are looking to pursue a Master of Fine Arts in Theatre after graduating, this B.A. track will provide the language courses you need.
Theatre Arts (B.S.)
Our Bachelor of Science in Theatre Arts will help develop you into a skilled and professional theatrical artist, prepared for a wide range of theatre-based careers. The Bachelor of Science track provides more theatre electives to choose from, so you can focus your degree on the topics that interest you most.
Why Choose Liberty’s Communication and the Arts Bachelor’s Degrees?
Becoming a successful professional in the communication and art industry is no easy task. You will need training that provides you with industry skills, opportunities, and hands-on experience that push your current talent further than you ever thought possible.
Pairing your passions with our standard of academic excellence will provide you with innumerable opportunities from now until you land the job you want. The following are just a few of the resources available to you:
- Award-winning campus media opportunities – Get experience with our radio station the Liberty Flames Sports Network (LFSN), Liberty Champion newspaper, live streaming, and television productions. Become a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), our advertising team, and/or Innovations PR, Liberty’s student-run public relations firm.
- Major internship opportunities with our Washington Fellowship program – Each of our communication degrees require an internship because they provide the best type of hands-on learning you can find. Plus, according to our Annual Alumni Survey, 30% of our students land a job as a result of their internship.
- In the film production and content development degree, you will have access to state-of-the-art filming equipment such as RED 8k cameras. Perfect your shots in our editing suites or DaVinci suite. Fine-tune your sound design using our ADR booths, Foley booths, or THX-certified mixing stage.
- For studio and digital arts students, we provide the latest technology, software, and hardware to allow creative freedom and experimentation. You can use these to create innovative projects in character creation, 3D modeling, and virtual reality!
- As a theatre arts student, you will have access to Liberty’s Alluvion Stage Company, a professional theater company that allows students and professionals to perform together. We also have a Black Box Theater, various dressing rooms, a green room, and a scene shop you can use.
Come join Liberty and our communication and the arts students as we champion Christian values in industries that need them most. Gain the skills and confidence you need to enter the professional arts and entertainment sector and make a difference. Change starts with you.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission through Fall 2023 acceptance)
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.
School of Communication and the Arts Bachelor’s Degree Information
- 120-126 total credit hours
- Transfer in up to 75% of your total degree
- Check out our course catalog!