Turn Your Graphic Design Skills into a Rewarding Career by Earning our Graphic Design Bachelor’s Degree
You have a passion for creating digital art, 3D animation, and unique brand logos. Develop your skills in art and design with a graphic design degree from Liberty University’s Studio & Digital Arts department. As a student of graphic design, you’ll gain an understanding of the principles and techniques of visual communication and learn how to use them in the workplace.
With our graphic design concentration, you’ll gain technical skills and learn production technology while you expand your skills in conceptual thinking and visual problem-solving. Learn from degreed and industry-skilled professors who are grounded in their faith.
Build an impressive portfolio of projects that integrate design principles through typography, digital illustration, digital imaging, and more. With exhibition and internship opportunities built into this program, our bachelor’s in graphic design degree will prepare you to pursue a career you love.
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank among Niche.com’s Top 5 college campuses in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design?
At Liberty, we Train Champions for Christ. This means that we are dedicated to providing you with the technical skills, hands-on experience, and biblical training you need to lead in your field with excellence and integrity. We believe in helping you reach your full potential as a graphic designer who is prepared to impact the world for eternity. Partner with us, and make the difference you always knew you could.
As one of the largest universities in the nation, we have the resources you need to make the most of your bachelor’s degree in graphic design. With programs like our Washington Fellowships, we give you the opportunity to pursue internships with prestigious companies like Ralph Lauren, Bloomingdale’s, Fox News, Disney, and ESPN – all without delaying your graduation date.
For our incoming students who excel, we provide additional support and community through our Honors and Eagle Scholars programs, so you can develop your leadership skills and make the most of your academic and artistic achievements.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Graphic Design Degree Program?
In our B.S. in Graphic Design program, you will learn from professors with years of experience designing for companies, bands, and ministries around the world. These professors are also dedicated to providing you with marketable skills training that will help you develop your portfolio. Throughout this degree, you will also learn how to incorporate text in a design, create vector images, prepare digital art for publication, and use your designs to craft a brand’s marketing identity.
Our bachelor’s degree in graphic design also offers you the opportunity to showcase your accomplishments as a designer in a portfolio exhibition on campus during your senior year.
Review our graphic design Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
ARTS 223 – Introduction to Typography
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to use type and font as tools and design elements
- Text and display usage
- Letterform design
ARTS 332 – Vector Illustration
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to use vector illustration software
- Fundamentals of visual design and the design process
- Conceptual thinking and visual problem solving
ARTS 342 – Digital Imaging
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- A variety of methods for creating digital images
- Electronic pre-press techniques
- How to prepare digitized art for media distribution and printing
- Professional image-editing applications
ARTS 473 – Introduction to 3D Graphics
Our Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design Program Highlights
- Our professors have years of real-world experience designing for Oxford University, A Beka Book, NEEDTOBREATHE, and HarperCollins, to name a few. They are dedicated to mentoring you as you begin your graphic design journey.
- Our graphic design program produces graduates of distinction who have careers designing for organizations like the Motion Picture Association of America, Merrell, Hallmark, ESPN, and the International Justice Mission.
- Our students have won hundreds of awards on the local, regional, and national levels for art, design, and photography.
- Our Studio and Digital Arts department provides the newest technology available so you can create projects that are both innovative and marketable, from 3D modeling to virtual reality.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- Results from the CLT, SAT, or ACT are not required for admission, but may be used in consideration for merit-based aid.
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.
Our Graphic Design Bachelor’s Degree Program Information
- Residential format
- 120 total credit hours
- Transfer in up to 75% of your total degree
- This bachelor’s degree falls under the School of Communication and the Arts
- View our B.S. in Graphic Design Degree Completion Plan
- View our course catalog
Career Opportunities for Our B.S. in Graphic Design Graduates
- Commercial and industrial designer
- Graphic artist or designer
- Multimedia artist