Turn Your Passion for Health and Wellness into a Rewarding Career in Health Sciences
Your passion for athletic performance, nutrition and wellness, public health, or biomedical science can be channeled into a lifelong career that you’re excited about! Within Liberty’s School of Health Sciences, we offer a variety of master’s degrees that can help you get on track to reach your goals.
Whether you aspire to prepare for medical school, become a personal trainer, or work in global disease prevention, we have the training you need. Study under professors with years of real-world experience in your desired field using our world-class facilities. Check out our Human Performance Lab or work with our state-of-the-art gene sequencer to kick your education up a notch.
At Liberty, we want our health sciences students to get the most out of their graduate experience. Through our dedicated, Christian faculty to our cutting-edge equipment and facilities, we have the resources you will need to succeed in your field.
Available Degree Programs
Biomedical Sciences (M.S.)
Our Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences degree helps prepare students for medical school and advanced medical research. Gain necessary skills to study medicine while gaining the expertise required to enter the field of medical research.
Exercise Science and Wellness (M.S.)
Our Master of Science in Exercise Science and Wellness degree will broaden your understanding of health, wellness, and performance for careers in exercise science.
Why Choose Liberty’s Health Sciences Master’s Degrees?
At Liberty, we want to come alongside you and help you achieve your professional, personal, and spiritual goals. With our mission to Train Champions for Christ, we implement biblical integration into our coursework and campus environment. Our faculty is dedicated to helping you throughout your studies, both academically and through prayer and mentorship.
Take Advantage of Our On-Campus Resources
- Potential certification in various areas of public health, such as becoming a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) by taking specific Liberty courses
- Join with peers through Liberty’s Eta Sigma Gamma chapter to receive more career and professional growth opportunities
- Utilize our various teaching and research laboratories, including the Health Promotion Lab, Human Performance Lab, Functional Assessment Lab, Athletic Training Lab, and our Standardized Patient Center
- Broaden your perspective with coursework that includes a variety of health-related disciplines, so you can see career paths beyond clinical practice
Experiential Opportunities That Take Your Skills to the Next Level
- Receive hands-on training through internships, thesis and research projects, and practicum opportunities
- Use our state of the art industry technology to take your education outside the classroom
- Get access to ongoing real-world projects in places like Lynchburg, Richmond, and Guatemala
- Clinical learning environments that simulate real-world conditions
- Our state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor athletic facilities assist with on-field evaluations for exercise science students
As you pursue your degree, you will gain hands-on experience by using the resources in our School of Business building! You will have the opportunity to study in operational information technology labs and network and data centers. Additionally, try your hand at trading stocks in our simulated stock trading room, or in the 2,000-square-foot Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation.
You also have the opportunity to get involved with our student organizations and honor societies. From our Accounting Society to our Technology & Engineering Club, you will gain invaluable insight from peers and professionals alike! Some of the other opportunities you will find in our School of Business include:
- Over 25 areas of study.
- 3+1 accelerated business degrees, so you can walk away with your bachelor’s and master’s degree in just 4 years!
- Center for Entrepreneurship
- Center for Cyber Security
Health Sciences Master’s Degree Information
- 35-42 total hours
- Transfer up to 50% of your credits
- Check out the course catalog
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements* for admission:
- Admission application
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed Transcript Request Form
Self-certification form (for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a degree application through their ASIST account
- A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.5 GPA** for admission in good standing
*Some programs will have additional requirements. Review the specific degree page for more information.
**Minimum for some programs will be a 3.0 GPA