Yellow Ribbon Program
Liberty University has partnered with the Veterans Affairs (VA) Administration to offer the Yellow Ribbon Program to students with 100% eligibility under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®. This program allows degree-granting institutions of higher learning in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs will match the same amount as the institution.
What does it cover?
- The Yellow Ribbon Program at Liberty University covers up to 100% of tuition and fees over the Post-9/11 GI Bill yearly tuition cap (50% funded by Liberty University and 50% funded by the Department of Veterans Affairs).
- Liberty University will contribute up to $11,500 in Yellow Ribbon per year for online SOA students. The Department of Veterans Affairs will match the amount awarded by Liberty University, for a combined scholarship that covers up to 100% of the student’s remaining tuition and fees. When combined with the VA’s portion, the total Yellow Ribbon amount available is $23,000 for online SOA students, over and above the Post 9/11 GI Bill® annual cap.
- All students with 100% eligibility may qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Effective August 1, 2022, Active Duty students and their spouses are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program if qualified at the 100% rate.
- The Yellow Ribbon Program only applies to tuition and associated fees. Housing expenses and other voluntary fees are not covered.
- Most online students who are eligible for Yellow Ribbon are not likely to need this additional coverage due to lower tuition costs.
How do I apply?
- Follow the instructions on the Post-9/11 GI Bill Guide to set up your benefit at Liberty University.
- Eligible students will automatically receive Yellow Ribbon funding on their account when the standard Post-9/11 credit does not cover 100% of their tuition and fees.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Military Affairs by emailing VABenefits@liberty.edu.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.