Become an Online Tutor!
Are you a current online graduate student with a passion for writing, grammar, and helping others succeed? An online tutoring position is a great way for you to keep your own skills sharp while helping other online students improve their writing competency. Keep reading for more information on eligibility requirements, position details, and application steps!
- Enrolled in a Liberty Online graduate-level degree program
- Completed at least one 8-week term of graduate classes
- Current overall graduate GPA of 3.5 or higher
- U.S. citizen
- Excellent writer
- Detailed knowledge of grammar rules
- Experience with APA formatting or willingness to learn is required
- Experience with APA, AMA, and/or Turabian formatting or willingness to learn is preferred
- Eligible to receive federal work-study funds (see application steps below for more details)
- Is a good stepping stone to teaching online, and also looks great on a résumé
- Must be able to work 20 hours per week but may not always have 20 hours of work depending on the week of the term
- Opportunity to work more than 20 hours during Weeks 7 and 8 of an 8-week term if desired
- Available to students living anywhere in the United States
After creating an account with a username and password on the Human resources site, submit an application to the Online Writing Tutor position. Those who have previously interviewed for this position and were not hired should not reapply.
- Email Shelah Simpson at email@example.com with your name, ID number, degree program, and area(s) of formatting expertise.
Fill out and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to Liberty’s Financial Aid Office for the current and/or upcoming school year (both if applying in May or June) if you have not already done so. Also be sure you are enrolled in a current semester or next semester course.
Please note that the position requires eligibility for federal work-study funding, though you do not need to be currently receiving aid. Any graduate-level student may apply for work-study funding and receive it if found eligible based on income and enrollment. This position pays the money earned directly to the earner if desired rather than to the earner’s tuition and would not need to be repaid. Pay rates will vary depending on several factors.