Financial Check-In (FCI) Guide: Military Students
Because military students have unique needs as they prepare to complete Financial Check-In, we have created this webpage to help you get the information you need. Depending on your status as a residential or online military student, and the benefits you are using, there may be some additional information that you need to know to complete Financial Check-In. Click the quick link that pertains to you to find out more.
Looking for upcoming dates and deadlines? Check out our Dates and Deadlines webpage.
What is Financial Check-In?
Financial Check-In is required of all students each semester they are taking courses. It is the process by which students confirm their course schedule, charges, financial aid, any discounts or military funding, and payment arrangements are correct before securing enrollment in courses. Since Financial Check-In is the final step in the registration process, it is vital that Financial Check-In is completed by the deadline. Failure to do so can result in your courses being dropped and/or a $125 late fee being assessed.
How do I complete Financial Check-In?
As a military student, you will need to submit any paperwork needed to set up your military benefits to ensure the documents are processed and posted on your account before you complete Financial Check-In. If your paperwork is submitted late, you may not have all of your discounts and aid available when you go to complete Financial Check-In.
For more information on how to set up your specific benefit(s), select the corresponding link below:
Additional Financial Check-In Information
Online Financial Check-In Deadlines
As an online military student, your Financial Check-In deadline will depend on your first term of enrollment each semester. For example, if you have registered for B and D subterm courses, you will be required to complete Financial Check-In for the entire semester by the B term deadline. Check out our Military Dates and Deadlines webpage for the specific deadlines associated with the upcoming term(s).
Online Financial Check-In Extension for Tuition Assistance
Online students using Tuition Assistance are eligible to have their Financial Check-In deadline extended to the deadline that corresponds with their latest term of enrollment. To receive the extension, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Using TA for one or more of their courses in the semester
- Must fully resolve the balance from the earlier term(s) of enrollment by that term’s FCI deadline
- Must maintain their enrollment in the later term. If the later course is dropped, the original FCI deadline will apply and a late fee may be assessed if not completed on time.
When these criteria are met, the Financial Check-In extension will apply automatically. However, if you have any questions about your deadline, please contact us for clarification. You may be dropped from your courses if these arrangements are not made before the deadline.
Online Payment Arrangements for Veterans Affairs / GI Bill® Benefits
Online students using GI Bill benefits will need to ensure all paperwork needed for certification has been submitted to the Office of Military Affairs by the established form deadline each semester. You will receive a confirmation email from a VA certifying official once your enrollment has been certified and you are ready to complete Financial Check-In.
- Under Chapter 33 and Chapter 31, tuition is paid directly to the school by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Students using these benefits are responsible to complete Financial Check-In by the established deadline. Chapter 31 and Chapter 33 students using Liberty’s advanced credit option should work with the Office of Military Affairs to ensure their credit has been posted to their account in time to complete Financial Check-In by the established deadline. For more information on this process, please review our Veterans Benefits webpage.
- Under Chapters 1606, 30, and 35, students are responsible to pay the school for their courses and will be reimbursed by the Department of Veterans Affairs directly. To assist these students with the up-front payment costs, the Military Payment Plan is available to them in Financial Check-In. Please contact a Military Benefits Representative if you have any questions about this payment plan.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.