Ph.D. in Educational Leadership Admission Requirements
- Apply online or call an Admissions Counselor at (800) 424-9596 to apply over the phone.
- A nonrefundable, nontransferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system). Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above for admission in good standing. An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements. You may also complete the Transcript Request Form to allow Liberty to attempt to request your transcripts on your behalf.
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
Preliminary Acceptance to our Ph.D. in Educational Leadership Online Program
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Complete a master’s Self-Certification Form confirming your completion date. You may download the form from the Forms and Downloads page, or contact an Admissions Counselor to submit the form on your behalf.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcript must show that you are within 6 credit hours of completion for a 30-48 credit hour master’s degree or within 9 credit hours of completion for a 49+ credit hour master’s degree.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment in the new doctoral degree.
Please note: Due to the competitive nature of the Ph.D. online program, preliminary acceptance is not guaranteed.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution and is in a sealed envelope. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope. If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Liberty University.
Accreditation ensures that Liberty University has met strict standards about degree programs, faculty, administration, student support, and services. Accreditation also ensures courses that are taken and degrees earned through Liberty University will be accepted by other accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Email for Questions
Email for Sending Documents
Back to the Ph.D. in Educational Leadership