What Is the Online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) Program?
Do you want to reach the pinnacle of achievement for advanced education studies? Liberty University’s online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) program provides all of the advanced education administration, research, curriculum development, and learning theory skills and knowledge needed to help you make a positive impact on the world of education. Through Liberty University’s doctorate in education online program, you will engage with knowledgeable professionals in the field of education who will mentor you in your development as an educator, administrator, and researcher.
Our Ed.D. degree offers a robust theoretical framework that extends your teaching methods and theories to a higher order of application, allowing you to evaluate and address teaching challenges in K-12 institutions and at the university level. Liberty’s online Ed.D. degree allows you to focus on your coursework at home and complete essential hands-on training with flexible scheduling that will meet your needs. To add to this flexibility, our online Ed.D. degree integrates the doctoral capstone project research into your course material so that you can complete this comprehensive demonstration of your education expertise more quickly.
How Do I Complete the Admission Requirements for the Online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) Degree?
These requirements also apply to the Graduate and Executive Certificates in School Administration and Supervision.
- Apply online or call an Admissions Counselor at (800) 424-9596 to apply over the phone.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies, or via a direct electronic transcript system). Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. You may also complete the Transcript Request Form to allow Liberty to attempt to request your transcripts on your behalf.
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
The Office of Graduate Admissions may request additional documentation when conducting admission reviews to evaluate a candidate’s record before a final admission decision can be made.
Please note: Guidelines are subject to change in federal or state regulations for the licensure of school personnel.
Additional Requirements for the Graduate and Executive Certificates in School Administration and Supervision
Applicants must submit a copy of their current initial state teaching or school counseling license to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preliminary Acceptance to Our Doctor of Education Online Program (EdD)
Please note: The school administration and supervision certificates are not eligible for preliminary acceptance.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Complete a master’s Self-Certification Form confirming your completion date. You may download the form from the Forms and Downloads page, or contact an Admissions Counselor to submit the form on your behalf.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcript must show that you are within 6 credit hours of completion for a 30-48 credit hour master’s degree or within 9 credit hours of completion for a 49+ credit hour master’s degree.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment in the new doctoral degree.
Please note: Due to the competitive nature of the Ed.D. online program, preliminary acceptance is not guaranteed.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution and is in a sealed envelope. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope. If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to email@example.com.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Liberty University.
- All of our School of Education initial and advanced licensure programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Accreditation ensures that Liberty University has met strict standards about degree programs, faculty, administration, student support, and services. Accreditation also ensures courses that are taken and degrees earned through Liberty University will be accepted by other accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Call: (800) 424-9596
Fax: (888) 301-3577
Email for questions:
Email for sending documents:
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Back to the Doctor of Education