Learn the Language of the Old Testament with Liberty’s Online Hebrew Classes
Do you want to read the Old Testament in its original language? By completing Liberty’s online Graduate Certificate in Hebrew, you can dig deeper into Scripture and enhance your biblical interpretation skills. This knowledge can help enrich your ministry as you share the Word of God with others.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Employment and Wage Statistics: Religious Workers, All Other, 2020 (viewed online June 21, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Hebrew is the primary original language of the Old Testament — and knowing the basics of Hebrew vocabulary, phonology, and grammar can help equip you to preach and teach Scripture boldly. Throughout this program, you can develop a solid foundation for graduate work in biblical studies. Additionally, your own faith may be strengthened as you dive into the original scriptural texts.
Why pursue a graduate Hebrew certificate?
By earning a certificate, you can potentially strengthen your job performance, qualify for higher-level positions, and pursue new job opportunities. At only 9 credit hours, our 100% online Hebrew biblical languages certificate can be completed in just 1.5 semesters!
With Liberty’s program, you’ll gain a concise yet in-depth look at Scripture and the Hebrew language, allowing you to strengthen your ministry effectiveness — wherever God is calling you.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Hebrew Certificate Online?
At Liberty, you’ll study under professors who have served as missionaries, pastors, and theologians. With their guidance, you can strengthen your knowledge of Scripture and gain a firm grasp of the Hebrew language.
Potential Career Options with a Graduate Certificate in Hebrew
Our Hebrew certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are a number of positions that could benefit from our graduate Hebrew certificate:
- Clergy member
- Sunday school teacher
- Youth pastor
The Biblical Hebrew knowledge that you gain from our Graduate Certificate in Hebrew can be an asset in several ministry careers as you pursue positions of added resonsibility.
Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the master’s in biblical languages – language exegesis. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a Graduate Certificate in Hebrew from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Maybe you want to prepare for seminary but aren’t ready to pursue a full degree. If so, our Hebrew certificate program is a great option! You can gain specialized skills in just 1.5 semesters, allowing you to save time and money. And, if you later decide to further your education, credits from this certificate may transfer into one of our divinity master’s programs.
Our Hebrew language courses are available in a 100% online, 8-week course format. If you’re a full-time parent or working professional, we provide the flexibility you need to achieve your goals.
What Will You Learn in Our Hebrew Classes Online?
Our online biblical Hebrew classes can help equip you to better understand and share the truths of the Old Testament in a variety of ministry settings. By studying Old Testament texts in their original language, you can more effectively grasp the message of Scripture and apply it to your life.
Throughout this program, you can analyze the cultural, political, and historical contexts of Scripture so you can correctly interpret the text. Additionally, you can study basic aspects of the Hebrew language, such as syntax, vocabulary, morphology, phonology, and grammar. With this knowledge, you can more deeply understand the purpose and hermeneutics of the Bible.
Learn how to apply exegetical principles to selected readings from the Old Testament. With our Hebrew courses online, you can become equipped to translate and interpret Scripture for use in personal study, theological reflection, and sermon preparation.
Partner with us and take the next step in your ministry career.
Highlights of Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Biblical Languages Online – Hebrew
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Hebrew certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our biblical Hebrew online courses are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
Graduate Hebrew Language Certificate Information
- This Hebrew studies program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for our Hebrew certificate online.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Graduate Certificate in Hebrew Studies Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for part-time graduate courses
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester (9-15 credit hours)*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Hebrew Courses
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommender contact information
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.