Become an Expert in Strategic Communications with a Ph.D. in Strategic Media
Today’s world is buzzing with digital conversation. From politics to healthcare and human services, every industry is impacted by the media. By pursuing a Ph.D. in Strategic Media, you can grow your organization and your career by understanding the theory behind effective communication and the application of practical techniques to 21st-century problems.
Imagine utilizing the latest trends in video, graphic, and online visual persuasion to take your organization to new levels. Paired with the management and leadership skills you can cultivate in our Ph.D. in media studies, your new expertise can help you shape the future direction of policies, goals, and objectives within the communication sector.
Liberty’s Ph.D. in media studies blends theory with praxis. Through this online program, you can develop a strong background in communication theory, strategic media communication, and applications for nonprofit, for-profit, and higher education sectors. So whether you work in an academic, corporate, or faith-based setting, this degree can equip you with the social media and strategic communications tools you need to bring fresh insight to your company. And with a degree taught from biblical principles, you can become a trusted, ethical voice in media and communication.
Why Choose Liberty’s Strategic Media Ph.D. Degree?
Choosing Liberty for your Ph.D. in Strategic Media means beginning the path to equipping yourself to become an expert in various digital and strategic media channels. Expand your mind and your skill set under professors who hold advanced degrees and have years of related professional experience. This online doctoral degree can introduce you to new ideas as well as scholarship, research, and professional practices from around the world.
With the mentorship of your professors and the biblical integration you’ll get in every program at Liberty, you can graduate with a doctorate that prepares you for a fulfilling career both personally and professionally. You can become more equipped to pursue positions including public relations specialist, social media executive, university administrator, professor, or researcher. This degree can help you get where you want to go.
But a doctorate from Liberty does more than set you up for professional success. Your advanced studies can also open you up to new peers, perspectives, and research opportunities that can shape you and empower you to make a difference in the world around you.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Ph.D. in Strategic Media Degree?
A Ph.D. in media studies degree can help provide the foundation in data-gathering and insight tools you need to effectively impact your field. With courses in interactive media design and strategic communications media analytics, you can become an expert in the field of strategic communications.
Within our Ph.D. in Strategic Media, you will take courses in 4 major areas: advanced core, research, application, and dissertation courses. The advanced core courses are designed to help you master communication theory so you can apply that knowledge to your other courses and career. On the other hand, our professional application courses can help you gain tactical principles and practices in integrated communications.
Finally, the research and dissertation component of your degree brings the theories and applications together. This can help you fine-tune your communication capabilities and set you up for publication and future career success.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
- DIGI 700 – Digital and Strategic Communication Orientation I
- DIGI 710 – Digital and Strategic Communication Audience Measurement
- DIGI 720 – Social, Mobile, and Online Media Analytics
- DIGI 825 – Seminar: From Digital Analytics to Communication Action
Highlights of Our Ph.D. in Media Studies Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Ph.D. in Strategic Media degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Our faculty members have years of real-world experience in the field of communication and invest in students both personally and professionally. You can learn practical skills from seasoned professionals to further your career.
Ph.D. in Strategic Media Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate School of Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Strategic Media Graduates
- Advertising/public relations executive
- Chief customer experience officer
- Communications executive
- Director of online sales and services
- Research manager
- Social media executive
- University administrator
- University professor
- Vice president of customer satisfaction
Admission Requirements for the Ph.D. in Strategic Media
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.