What Makes Liberty’s Doctor of Strategic Leadership Unique?
Liberty University’s Doctor of Strategic Leadership (DSL) is a 100% online doctoral program designed to give theoretical insight and practical application of management and leadership. Through this program, you can learn the skills necessary to work as an effective professional manager and leader. Our strategic leadership program focuses on broad concepts of servant leadership and culminates in an applied doctoral project. If you’re looking for the opportunity to work in consulting or in executive projects, this degree can help you gain the leadership skills you need to succeed.
As a DSL student, you will be required to complete a Doctoral Research Project (DRP). While the DRP is not a dissertation, it will challenge you to translate knowledge learned throughout your courses into practical application. Specifically, you will be asked to analyze business data, evaluate business leadership practices, and provide business recommendations for companies.
Complete your Doctor of Strategic Leadership in as little as 2.5 years, or take up to 7 years before having to reapply. Additionally, our transfer-friendly policies allow you to transfer in up to 50% of your degree – saving you time and money.
If you have further questions about admission requirements, please call 800-424-9596 to speak with an admissions counselor.
How Do I Complete the Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Doctor of Strategic Leadership Degree?
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9596 to apply to a degree program with an admissions counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system). Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. You may also complete the Transcript Request Form to allow Liberty to attempt to request your transcripts on your behalf.
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
The Office of Graduate Admissions may request additional documentation when conducting admission reviews to evaluate a candidate’s record before a final admission decision can be made.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Complete a master’s self-certification form confirming your completion date. The form can be downloaded from our Forms and Downloads page, or you can contact an admissions counselor, who can submit the form on your behalf.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcript must show that you are within 6 credit hours of completion for a 30-48 credit hour master’s degree or within 9 credit hours of completion for a 49+ credit hour master’s degree.
- Send in an additional, final, official transcript with a conferral date listed by the end of your first semester of enrollment in the new doctoral degree. Otherwise, a hold will be placed on your account, and you will not be able to register for more courses until your final, official transcripts are on file.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution and is in a sealed envelope. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope. If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Doctor of Strategic Leadership