Be the Catalyst for Organizational Change with a PhD in Organization and Management – Leadership
Change is constant. In the business world, a successful leader is one who can take new technologies and trends and guide their company through change to come out on top. Are you a business professional who wants to teach the next generation how to effectively lead their companies? Through Liberty University’s PhD in Organization and Management – Leadership online degree, you can develop effective methods for research and contribute to the body of knowledge in the field of organization and management. You can learn to evaluate current theoretical research and contribute your findings through your dissertation.
The leadership specialization focuses on how to be the catalyst for organizational change and how to use various leadership theories to create high-functioning teams that can excel in the modern workforce. Your organizational leadership education will be integrated with a Christian worldview that focuses on sound, ethical business practices.
Partner with us and see how far your experience and a PhD in management and leadership from Liberty University can take you in your professional and personal life!
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Management Analysts, 2020 (viewed online July 7, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online PhD in Organizational Leadership and Management?
At Liberty, we’ve designed our online doctorate in organizational leadership with your success in mind. Our professors seek to equip qualified professionals with the knowledge, skills, and values essential for impacting the world and contributing to the greater good of society.
Here are some of the benefits of choosing Liberty’s organizational leadership program:
- Flexibility | Our PhD in Organization and Management – Leadership program is offered 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. You can earn your degree from the comfort of home and easily access your course materials whenever you need them. Most importantly, you can stay invested in the things that matter most — like your family, job, and community — while pursuing your academic goals.
- Integrity | At Liberty, our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. That’s why our online leadership PhD is designed to integrate biblical principles with professional knowledge. In addition to honing your research skills and enhancing your business acumen, you can prepare to stand out as an ethical, value-driven professional.
- Career Preparation | Our PhD in management and leadership program can help you use theory and research methods to address practical business challenges. You can build upon your previous knowledge and experience while preparing future generations of business professionals to excel. Whether you are looking for a future as an educator or top-level executive, the skills and knowledge you gain from this degree can help you succeed.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Doctorate in Organizational Leadership?
This PhD in organizational leadership and management offers a blend of business classes focused on organizational change with additional courses covering successful leadership theories and styles. Utilizing your own experience in the business world, you can contribute to the current body of knowledge in organization and management through your dissertation.
Your core courses will explore a variety of pertinent topics, including risk management, managing the contemporary organization, strategy formulation, and human resource management. You can also develop your own leadership skills as you gain an overview of leading organizational change that blends theory and research with practical application.
Our organizational PhD degree also provides an in-depth look at research methods as well as a course that will help you develop the concept for your PhD dissertation. Completing your dissertation will help you contribute to the current body of knowledge in your field and may even set the foundation for future business leaders through your research.
The leadership specialization further explores the concept of leading organizations and covers 3 key areas. First, your courses will cover current and past leadership theories and methods for choosing the best course of action with influence and synergy. Second, you can learn how to lead and manage highly effective teams in today’s organizations. The modern organization has increased reliance on teams and understanding how to develop them and keep them running at optimal performance is crucial to success. Finally, you will explore ethics, reasoning, and methods for guiding organizations using sound morals from a Christian worldview.
- BMAL 702 – Leading Theory
- BMAL 704 – Leading Organizational Change
- BMAL 727 – Leading Effective Teams
- BMAL 770 – Ethical Leadership
Highlights of Our PhD in Organizational Management Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- As an online student, you can access a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s library portal while completing your doctorate in organization and management — leadership.
- Most of the courses in this program are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times!
Online PhD in Organization and Management – Leadership Degree Information
- The PhD in Organization and Management program falls under our School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- View the PhD in Organization and Management Handbook for additional program information.
Career Opportunities for Graduates of Our Online Organizational Leadership and Management Doctoral Program
- Chief executive officer
- Human resources manager
- Management analyst
- Training and development manager
- University professor/postsecondary teacher
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s PhD in Organization and Management Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
If you have further questions about admission requirements for this program, please contact email@example.com
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.