Guide Your Business to Success with a PhD in Business Administration – Leadership
Businesses rely on sound decisions made by informed leaders. Liberty University’s Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Administration – Leadership can help you gain knowledge and skills in business that can be applied in current and future leadership and teaching roles. Our PhD in business leadership is designed to help you attain a high level of academic, professional, and practical competence to better prepare you for opportunities and responsibilities beyond your current role.
This leadership PhD program emphasizes theoretical and practical applications in both the coursework and the dissertation process. You’ll be able to learn a wide range of skills and advanced knowledge that can assist you in your current academic or business career. Our goal at Liberty is to help you develop leadership expertise that can be applied to broad areas of business administration in the ever-changing industry landscape.
Your PhD in leadership will culminate in a dissertation that enables you to apply what you’ve learned to develop solutions or alternative practices that contribute to the existing body of knowledge. Strengthen your expertise and make a difference in the business world with Liberty’s 100% online doctoral leadership degree.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Management Analysts, 2021 (viewed online June 6, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online PhD in Business Administration Program?
At Liberty, we’ve designed our online doctorate in business leadership with your success in mind. Our professors seek to equip qualified professionals with the knowledge, skills, and values essential for impacting the world and contributing to the greater good of society.
In our PhD program, you can learn how to become an essential contributor in your field and the kind of leader who inspires others. Your final dissertation can further prepare you for success by giving you the proper tools to conduct both qualitative and quantitative research — allowing you to demonstrate your specific expertise.
Perhaps the greatest asset of our 100% online leadership degree is that it gives you the ability to pursue your education and conduct your research from the comfort of your own home. You can stay invested in the things that matter most — like your family, job, and community — while working towards your academic goals.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our PhD in Business Administration – Leadership?
This PhD in Business Administration – Leadership degree offers a blend of classes focused on business management as well as specialized courses that cover successful leadership theories and styles. Utilizing your own experience in the business world, you can contribute to the current body of knowledge in business leadership through your dissertation.
Your core courses will explore a variety of pertinent topics, including:
- Financial resource allocation
- Human resource management
- Strategy formulation
- Supply chain management
You can also develop your leadership skills as you gain an overview of leadership theory and how to effectively lead teams. Additionally, you will explore ethics, reasoning, and worldviews from the perspective of a strategic leader to help you guide organizations using sound morals.
Liberty’s PhD program culminates in a dissertation, which is where you will put your knowledge to the test and solve a current business problem. Through this dissertation, you can combine theory with praxis and help contribute to the rapidly changing business field. The research you conduct may even set the foundation for future business leaders.
- BMAL 702 – Leadership Theory
- BMAL 727 – Leading Effective Teams
- BMAL 770 – The Ethical Leader
- BUSI 750 – Managing Human Resources
Highlights of Our PhD in Business Administration Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online PhD in business leadership degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- You can complete your PhD in Business Administration at Liberty University in as little as 3 years!
- As an online student, you can access a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s library portal while completing your doctorate in business administration – leadership.
- Liberty University’s degrees are designed to provide maximum affordability, flexibility, and accessibility.
Degree Information for the PhD in Business Administration – Leadership
- The PhD in Business Administration – Leadership program falls under our School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- View the PhD in Business Administration Handbook
- Contribute to the body of knowledge in your field through this program’s integrated dissertation process.
Potential Career Opportunities for PhD in Business Administration – Leadership Graduates
- Company executive
- Management analyst
- Nonprofit organization director
- Private business consultant
- University professor in business administration or leadership
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s PhD in Business Administration – Leadership Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree in business or a business-related field with at least 30 hours of graduate business credit with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.