Drive Transformational Change for a Business with Liberty’s PhD in Business Administration – Executive Coaching Degree
Are you interested in gaining advanced business expertise and sharing it with others? Perhaps you’ve worked in business for years, and you see yourself passing on the knowledge you’ve gained by coaching other business leaders – or maybe you’d like to become a professor or the chair of an academic department. Either way, Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Administration – Executive Coaching may be a great fit for you.
Our business administration PhD in executive coaching is taught by a cade of expert professors with years of experience in business and teaching – so you can be confident in the quality of education that you’ll receive. Our online business administration doctorate is also backed by our decades of experience in distance education, our brick-and-mortar campus, and our unwavering commitment to the academic and personal success of our students. When you choose Liberty for your PhD for business, you don’t just make a 3-year decision – you make a lifelong decision.
The time to pursue your online business administration doctorate in executive coaching has never been better – and at Liberty, it has never been simpler. Partner with us, gain new skills, and take your career to new heights.
What is executive coaching?
Executive coaching is an approach to personnel training designed to create self-awareness in an organization’s employees while boosting the impact and performance of those individuals.
Why Choose Liberty’s PhD in Business Administration – Executive Coaching Program?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to develop a rigorous online degree program that challenges you to grow while respecting your commitments to your job, family, and community. This degree program is offered 100% online with no required intensives – allowing you to further your education while remaining committed to the things that matter most.
This degree program can help you develop knowledge and expertise in the broader areas of business administration. The executive coaching specialization is designed to complement your business studies with focused training in leadership and talent development. Our PhD in Business Administration – Executive Coaching emphasizes practical, real-world applications in both the coursework and the dissertation.
This business administration PhD can also help you boost your chances of a pay increase. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals with a doctoral degree earned roughly 21% more than colleagues who only held a master’s degree in 2021.* By earning your doctorate in business administration, you too can compete for such a pay increase.
Terminal degrees like our business administration PhD program in executive coaching also command respect in academia. By earning a doctorate, you can establish yourself as an authority in both business and executive coaching – empowering you to become a professor, a department chair, and more!
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Earnings and unemployment rates by educational attainment (viewed online June 3, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our PhD in Business and Executive Coaching Degree?
In this business and executive coaching doctoral degree, you will study a variety of topics designed to equip you with the skills, knowledge, and confidence you need to succeed at the highest levels of business and academia. This degree program consists of 4 sections: core business courses, the executive coaching specialization, research courses, and the dissertation sequence.
In the business section, you will begin by taking a PhD program orientation course before diving into classes covering the strategic allocation of financial resources, supply chain management, and marketing for competitive advantage. You will also study human resource management and strategy formulation.
The executive coaching section will guide you through leveraging data for decision-making, coaching theory and practice, and theories and research in industrial/organizational psychology. From there, you’ll branch into research courses – which include foundations of applied research methods, foundational and advanced qualitative and quantitative research, and more. It is in this section that you will likely begin thinking of a potential topic for your dissertation.
The dissertation sequence consists of 4 courses. Each step of the dissertation is designed to build on the previous – meaning that you will research, write, present, and defend your dissertation in a way that empowers you to gain full mastery of your topic.
- BMAL 720 – Leveraging Data for Decision Making
- BMAL 755 – Coaching Theory and Practice
- BUSI 770 – Strategy Formulation and Strategic Thinking
- PSYC 716 – Theories and Research in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Admission Requirements for the PhD in Business and Executive Coaching
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree in business or a business-related field with at least 30 hours of graduate business credit with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
PhD in Business Administration – Executive Coaching Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- View the PhD in Business Administration Handbook
- Contribute to the body of knowledge in your field through this program’s integrated dissertation process.
Potential Career Opportunities for Business and Executive Coaching Graduates
- Executive coach
- Leadership development consultant
- Private business consultant
- Training coordinator
Highlights of Our Business and Executive Coaching PhD Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- As an online PhD student, you’ll be able to network with other business leaders from around the world.
- You can complete this PhD in Business Administration – Executive Coaching degree in as little as 3 years!