Pursue Your Musical Calling and Foster Your Leadership Skills with Our Music Business Degree
Are you interested in music management? Do you dream of having your own record label or working with artists? You love music, and our Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) – Music Business degree can help you take that passion into the music industry. If you are looking for a music business degree online, look no further. Our music management degree is designed with your success in mind so that you can impact record labels, artists, and music firms with a wealth of knowledge in the spheres of both music and business.
Our School of Music and School of Business have formed a strategic partnership to offer mentorship from professors who have extensive experience in both fields – so you can learn how to foster business management techniques as well as prepare for a career in music management.
Why Choose Liberty’s Music Management Degree?
By choosing to be a music business major, you can open yourself up to exciting and unique opportunities. With faculty who have advanced degrees in music, business, and related fields, you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
Our music business management degree is more than just an online business bachelor’s degree. With the music business specialization, you can have access to the resources of a music business school from the comfort of home! Since our classes are offered in an online format, you can remain invested in your church, family, and community while pursuing your degree.
In addition to our regional accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), our School of Business is also accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). You can be confident that your degree has met rigorous regional and programmatic standards.
With a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Music Business degree, you can become better equipped to pursue jobs as a tour manager, production manager, artist developer, or music manager. With the median salary of music directors and composers being $52,250 in 2020,* you could enter into a lucrative career as a music manager or director.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Music Directors and Composers (viewed online July 6, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our BS in Business Administration – Music Business Degree?
When searching for colleges with music business majors, you are looking for a degree that will dive deep into the music business and help foster the skills you need while pursuing a career in the music industry.
Our professors teach advanced music management concepts, including licensing, music agreements, operations, and music marketing. They will seek to foster your musical understanding and cover the business side of music with in-depth instruction — illuminating many of the more nuanced processes within the music industry.
- CMUS 353 – Entertainment Law in the Music Industry
- CMUS 354 – Music Business Agreements and Licensing
- CMUS 355 – Recorded Music Operations
- CMUS 356 – Music Marketing
Course guides coming soon
Highlights of Our BSBA in Music Business Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) — meaning your academic background may stand out to employers.
- You may be eligible to earn additional college credit through relevant life experience.
- Our business administration programs are offered in an 8-week course format with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times.
- As a student in our online music business program, you can access a wide variety of online resources through Liberty’s research portal.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Music Business Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online BS in Music Management Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Career Opportunities for BS in Business Administration – Music Business Graduates
As a graduate of our BS in music management program, you can be more equipped to pursue a variety of careers, including:
- Artist manager
- Production manager
- Record label manager
- Tour manager
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.