Positively Impact the Lives of Our Nation’s Military Members with Liberty’s B.S. in Military Studies – Resiliency
Military service members give up a lot to serve their country. Often putting their personal and professional lives on hold, they serve with determination and discipline. Their families also endure the stresses of long deployments, sudden moves, and other sacrifices. Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Military Studies – Resiliency can prepare you to help our nation’s heroes and their families deal with the physical, mental, and spiritual burdens of military service.
This military resilience degree program will give you an understanding of the cycle of resilience and how to help our nation’s finest men and women and their families both deal with trauma – and be stronger for it. These concepts can also be applied to other areas of life, giving you a firm foundation for helping any individual who may be affected by economic disasters, armed conflicts, or natural disasters.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Military Studies – Resiliency Degree?
Liberty University’s Department of History has more military history specialists than nearly any other institution of higher education in the United States, except for the service academies and American Military University. Our extensive military resiliency program is not only staffed by accomplished military professionals, but it also will help you network with experts in military resilience across the country.
Our 100% online course format gives you access to classes, coursework, and our award-winning online instructors from the comfort of your own home. Like all of Liberty’s degree programs, this online military studies degree is taught from a Christian worldview. Our program in military resiliency will prepare you to not only care for service members’ physical and mental wounds but also to ease their spiritual burdens. All of these assets make Liberty a top-tier choice for military resilience training.
Liberty University – A Top Military-Friendly School
At Liberty University, it’s our privilege to serve those in the military community — whether service members, veterans, or military families. Through benefits for military students and degree programs — like this one — that train professionals to serve the military community well, Liberty’s commitment to our nation’s Armed Forces shines.
And others have noticed.
- Liberty University was recognized for its standout academic programs and military-supportive culture by Military Times, earning the No. 1 rank on the list of Best Online & Nontraditional Schools of 2019.
- Liberty University is Virginia’s first Purple Heart University!
- A recent Army Times ranking shows Liberty as the seventh-ranked overall tuition assistance (TA) usage for military members. Further, Liberty is the second-highest ranked for TA usage among private universities.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Military Studies – Resiliency Degree?
Liberty’s military resilience program can give you the knowledge and skills you need to support those who defend the United States — both at home and abroad. Through it, you can train to become a leader of integrity while you develop a strong Christian foundation and appreciation for our country’s Judeo-Christian heritage. Liberty University’s military studies degree explores military history as well as the deep and ancient cultural contexts for existing military policy and the threats faced in our world today.
By studying military resiliency, you will gain insight into the Resilience Life Cycle and the different phases of personal resilience. You will be equipped to support existing and veteran military personnel with transitioning to civilian life, coping with medical complications, and growing in their spiritual development.
You will also develop an in-depth knowledge of military doctrine and culture. With this end in mind, your courses were designed and are taught by professors who have extensive military experience and are leaders in the military resilience field.
- HIUS 360 – History of American Entrepreneurship
- HIUS 380 – Introduction to Military Studies
- MISC 350 – Military Leaders and Leadership*
- MILT 275 – The Resilient Warrior
*Course guide coming soon!
Highlights of Our B.S. in Military Studies – Resiliency Degree
- By earning your Bachelor of Science in Military Studies – Resiliency degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
- We have more military history specialists than any other civilian institution of higher education.
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in military resilience from all across the country.
Bachelor’s in Military Studies – Resiliency Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Career Opportunities for Military Studies Online Bachelor Degree Graduates
- Military analyst
- Grief services counselor
- Outreach coordinator
- Department of Defense employee
- Veterans administration employee
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.