Influence the Future by Learning the Past with a Degree in Military History
Are you fascinated with military history? Would you like to turn that interest into a career as a contractor, military officer, or other defense-related position? Whether you’re a civilian, a service member, or a veteran, Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Military Studies – History can prepare you for a rich and rewarding career in military history. This military studies program focuses on key events and topics in American and European history that can provide you with a critical context for making good decisions in the midst of military operations.
There are few civilian academic programs in the country that provide an awareness of military values and culture. Even fewer programs adequately train military personnel and contractors to handle large-scale strategic and professional operations. Liberty’s program does both.
Enter the military community or enhance your current military career with this military studies degree program. Liberty offers four specializations in military studies, and the history track will provide you with a deeper understanding of military operations and strategy while emphasizing the role of American entrepreneurship. This knowledge can increase your skill as a military leader or as a contractor working to support the military.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Military Studies – History Degree?
Liberty University’s Department of History has more military history specialists than any other institution of higher education in the United States, aside from service academies and the American Military University. If you are looking for a degree that offers a firm foundation in military history and can prepare you for future full-time or contracting work with the Department of Defense, other military agencies, or supporting companies, this degree is a great option for you.
You’ll gain access to our award-winning online instructors and accomplished military veterans from the comfort of your own home. This 100% online military studies degree will train you for a variety of military settings with a strong emphasis on Christian morals and ethics. Furthermore, the history specialization can complement your own experience and help you gain a firm grasp of military operations and events, both past and present.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Military Studies – History Degree?
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to support and defend the United States — both at home and abroad. At Liberty, you can train to become a leader of integrity while you develop a strong Christian foundation and appreciation for our country’s Judeo-Christian heritage. Liberty University’s military studies degree explores military history as well as the deep and ancient cultural contexts for existing military policy and the threats faced in our world today.
By studying military history and the lessons learned on the battlefield, you can develop a strong sense of how to delegate and lead military and military-related operations. The history specialization focuses on key topics in American and European history as well as provides content that is related to military contractors and the larger macroeconomic implications of warfare.
Through Liberty’s military studies degree, you can also develop in-depth knowledge of military doctrine and culture. Your courses will be designed and taught by professors who have relevant military experience and can relate the fundamental knowledge needed to work as a military contractor or Department of Defense worker.
- HIUS 360 – History of American Entrepreneurship
- MISC 300 – Methods of Military Analysis
- MISC 350 – Military Leaders and Leadership
- MISC 490 – Research in Military Doctrine
Highlights of Our B.S. in Military Studies – History Degree
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years – and counting.
- We have more military history specialists in our Department of History than any other civilian institution of higher education.
- Take courses about military history that were designed by military professionals and veterans who share your love of history and military-related subjects.
Bachelor’s in Military Studies – History Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for Military Studies Online Bachelor’s Degree Graduates
- Defense contractor
- Department of Defense employee
- Intelligence analyst
- Military analyst
- Security contractor
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.