Develop a Diverse Skill Set with Our Bachelor’s in Computational Mathematics – Engineering Degree Online
Mathematical models are frequently used to solve problems in a variety of industries — including biology, business, computer science, and medicine. The engineering field is also strongly informed by research in applied mathematics. For instance, engineers often rely heavily on mathematical simulations to design robotic arms or computer chips.
Do you want to use your math skills to inspire real-world solutions to engineering problems? If so, Liberty’s 100% online B.S. in Computational Mathematics – Engineering degree is for you! Throughout this program, you will analyze mathematics as a tool to promote practical application. You’ll receive hands-on training in core math subjects so you can be better prepared to work in many different industries.
Prepare to solve problems in engineering using statistics, analysis, and discrete mathematics. Liberty’s engineering specialization can help you gain a broad base of knowledge in various engineering topics. You can choose from a wide array of courses and explore the topics you’re most passionate about!
Partner with us and use your math skills to inspire developments in the world of engineering!
Please note: This program does not prepare or qualify students to sit for the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) or the PE (Principles and Practice of Engineering) exams.
Why Choose Liberty’s Computational Mathematics – Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Online?
At Liberty, we seek to equip students like you with the knowledge, skills, and values essential for impacting the world. Our goal is to help you thrive in your academic and professional life. With our engineering mathematics program, you can study important topics in applied mathematics and prepare to help solve real-world problems in a variety of industries — particularly engineering.
Choosing Liberty means choosing:
- Valuable Mentorship | Our faculty have years of industry experience and advanced degrees in math- and engineering-related fields. They are ready and eager to guide you through hands-on assignments and answer any questions you may have.
- Flexibility | Balancing school and work may seem difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. Our B.S. in Computational Mathematics – Engineering program is available 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. You’ll have the freedom to earn your degree from anywhere in the world without putting your life on hold!
- Comprehensive Curriculum | We’ve designed our engineering and computational mathematics courses to blend theoretical concepts, practical application, and biblical principles. At Liberty, you can train to serve as a Champion for Christ — someone who leads with excellence and integrity in the workplace.
- Accredited Degree | Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can be confident that our curriculum has met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements.
What Will You Learn in Our Engineering Mathematics Degree?
This program includes foundational courses in critical thinking, communications, English, and the sciences. Our goal is to help you develop professional skills that are essential in all industries. You’ll also study topics in theology and Christian living, allowing you to build a strong ethical foundation for your future career.
Your core computational mathematics courses will cover a variety of topics, including abstract algebraic structures, probability, matrix and linear algebra, and applied differential equations. You will also study analytic geometry and mathematical modeling so you can develop essential knowledge needed in many industries.
Our engineering concentration has no set courses, which means you’ll have the freedom to mix and match different types of classes! You can choose from our wide array of courses in general, industrial, or civil engineering. You could study topics like hydraulic engineering, steel structure design, statics, or fluid dynamics. Other subjects you may want to explore include:
- Computer-aided design
- Data analysis and machine learning
- Engineering design
- Operations and research logistics
The choice is yours. You can develop a diverse skill set that could help boost your marketability with our computational mathematics and engineering degree. And you can prepare to use your knowledge of applied mathematics to solve real-world engineering challenges.
- MATH 410 – Matrix and Linear Algebra
- MATH 430 – Multivariable Calculus
- MATH 432 – Applied Differential Equations*
- MATH 460 – Mathematical Modeling and Simulation
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Liberty’s Computational Mathematics – Online Engineering Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- You can earn your bachelor’s in computational mathematics – engineering degree in just 3.5 years!
- Study under industry experts with years of experience in the fields of engineering and applied mathematics.
Engineering Mathematics Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Computational Mathematics – Online Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Careers for Computational Mathematics – Engineering Graduates
- Data analyst
- Data scientist
- Operations research analyst
Admission Requirements for Our Bachelor’s in Computational Mathematics Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.