Pursue a Rewarding Career in STEM with a Computational Mathematics and Computer Science Degree
Are you fascinated with the algorithms that govern computers and other technologies? Do you want to develop mathematical models and equations that promote real-world application? Are you seeking a career that draws on your knowledge of mathematics to solve problems in business, science, and engineering?
If that sounds like you, Liberty’s online B.S. in Computational Mathematics – Computer Science degree can help! Throughout this program, you’ll explore core topics in computing structures, equations, and algorithms — tools that inform scientific research and technological development. You can gain practical, vital skills in many STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) careers.
Our computer science specialization provides focused training in programming, data structures, and information security. You’ll learn about the algorithmic and theoretical foundations that underlie computer processes. With this knowledge, you could help design software programs or develop solutions to computing challenges.
Partner with us and use your passion for mathematics to produce real-world results.
Why Choose Liberty’s Computational Mathematics – Computer Science Degree Online?
At Liberty, we’re committed to Training Champions for Christ. We’ve designed our computational mathematics program to meet your needs as a student and professional. You can gain the credentials, skills, and practical experience needed to pursue a variety of career paths.
Here are some of the benefits of choosing Liberty for your bachelor’s degree:
- Flexibility | Our B.S. in Computational Mathematics – Computer Science degree is offered 100% online. You can earn your degree from the comfort of your home and easily access your course materials whenever you need them — without needing to relocate or take time off from work!
- Experienced Faculty | In this program, you’ll study under professors who have spent years working in applied mathematics and computer science. With their guidance, you can hone your expertise and complete hands-on assignments designed to help equip you for success.
- Valuable Credentials | Liberty is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. You can pursue your degree with confidence knowing that our programs have met rigorous academic standards.
- Career Preparation | Our computational mathematics and computer science degree offers a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical application. You can prepare for a variety of exciting careers that require knowledge of computer programming and mathematical models. For instance, you could pursue a career in software development — a lucrative field that is projected to grow 22% from 2019 to 2029!*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Software Developers (viewed online Dec. 17, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Computational Mathematics and Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree Online?
Within your core major courses, you will study a variety of math-related subjects, including statistical analysis, linear algebra, discrete mathematics, and probability. This program also emphasizes applied differential equations and mathematical modeling and simulation, with the goal of helping you launch an exciting career in STEM.
Our computer science specialization analyzes the algorithms, structures, and programming languages that underlie computer systems. You will gain a solid foundation in theoretical concepts, then apply that knowledge to practical studies in software engineering, C++ application development, and algorithm design. You can develop the skills needed to design and develop effective software and hardware. That way, you can make a positive impact on society by solving practical problems in a variety of industries.
Learn how to protect data from criminal attacks. With the computer science specialization, you will also receive an introduction to information systems and security. You’ll learn how to leverage technology to solve business problems and help companies maintain a competitive advantage. Additionally, our computational mathematics degree allows you to select various elective classes, including 3 courses in the natural sciences.
Earn your degree today and prepare to pursue your career goals!
- CSIS 112 – Advanced Programming
- CSIS 215 – Algorithms and Data Structures
- CSIS 340 – Studies in Information Security
- MATH 250 – Introduction to Discrete Mathematics
Highlights of Liberty’s Computer Science and Computational Mathematics Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online computer science degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete your B.S. in Computational Mathematics – Computer Science degree in as little as 3.5 years!
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Develop the problem-solving and analytical skills needed to pursue jobs in a variety of industries.
Computational Mathematics – Online Computer Science Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Bachelor’s in Computational Mathematics
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Career Opportunities for Computational Mathematics – Computer Science Graduates
- Computer network architect
- Computer systems analyst
- Data analyst
- Software developer
- Web developer
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s B.S. in Computational Mathematics Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.