Master of Arts in Public Policy
Residential Master of Arts in Public Policy
Prepare for a rewarding career in public service while you learn from our experienced Helms School of Government faculty right here on Liberty’s campus. Study the many details of policymaking, politics, and the ethical practice of public administration—all from a distinctly Christian perspective.
Get graduate-level training that is designed to “impact the world” through Christ-centered alumni who are statesmen, leaders, scholars, and policymakers. The Master of Arts in Public Policy will teach you how to effectively shape policy in governmental, legislative, political, communications, managerial, and academic areas.
With a Master of Arts in Public Policy from Liberty University, you will have the option of writing and defending a thesis or taking additional elective courses.
The Master of Arts in Public Policy has cognates available online.
- Campaigns & Elections – Online
- Chinese Affairs – Online
- International Affairs – Online
- Leadership – Online
- Middle East Affairs – Online
- Policy Studies – Online
- Public Administration – Online
Learn How To
- Analyze, plan, and develop public policy for national, state, and local governmental organizations, international organizations, private entities, and/or non-governmental agencies.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on issues affecting federal, state and/or local legislative bodies.
- Understand the impact of existing or proposed public policies on individuals, institutions, American society and/or international relations.
- Analyze structure and operations of governments, corporations, for-profit, non-profit entities and the judiciary as they relate to public policy.
- Apply appropriate analysis skills to the knowledge of the literature in the discipline of public policy.
Academics for the Master of Arts in Public Policy
Program of Study
- Public Policy (M.A.P.P.) – Residential
- Public Policy (M.A.P.P.) – Think Tank & Policy Research – Residential
Courses You Could Take
- Economics and Public Policy (PPOG 502)
- Political Philosophy (PPOG 503)
- Leadership, Statesmanship, and Governance (PPOG 504)
- Applied Public Policy Research Methods (PPOG 505)
- Intro to Geopolitics and International Diplomacy (PPOG 506)
Start Your Career in Public Policy
Public Policy Career Opportunities
- City Manager
- Policy Analyst
- Political Consultant
- Public Administrator