Master of Arts in Public Policy
Prepare for a rewarding career in public service while you learn from our experienced Helms School of Government faculty right here on Liberty’s campus. Study the many details of policymaking, politics, and the ethical practice of public administration—all from a distinctly Christian perspective.
Get graduate-level training that is designed to “impact the world” through Christ-centered alumni who are statesmen, leaders, scholars, and policymakers. The Master of Arts in Public Policy will teach you how to effectively shape policy in governmental, legislative, political, communications, managerial, and academic areas.
With a Master of Arts in Public Policy from Liberty University, you will have the option of writing and defending a thesis or taking additional elective courses.
Learn How To
- Analyze, plan, and develop public policy for national, state, and local governmental organizations, international organizations, private entities, and/or non-governmental agencies.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on issues affecting federal, state and/or local legislative bodies.
- Understand the impact of existing or proposed public policies on individuals, institutions, American society and/or international relations.
- Analyze structure and operations of governments, corporations, for-profit, non-profit entities and the judiciary as they relate to public policy.
- Apply appropriate analysis skills to the knowledge of the literature in the discipline of public policy.
- 36 Hours
Courses You Could Take
- Foundations of American Governance (PPOG 501)
- Economics and Public Policy (PPOG 502)
- Political Philosophy (PPOG 503)
- Leadership, Statesmanship, and Governance (PPOG 504)
- Applied Public Policy Research Methods (PPOG 505)
- Intro to Geopolitics and International Diplomacy (PPOG 506)
Program of Study (DCP)
Find M.A. in Public Policy admissions requirements, transfer information, and more on the Residential Admissions site.
Careers You Could Have
- City Manager
- Policy Analyst
- Political Consultant
- Public Administrator