Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
1. Apply online or download graduate application. Submit application.
2. $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in)
3. Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy).
4. Master's degree in education (or a related field) with a 3.0 GPA from an institution that is accredited by an agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Applicants with a non-educational master’s degree may be required to complete M.Ed. core courses (up to 12 additional hours) before taking any post-graduate coursework.
5. Recommender Contact Information for 2 references
6. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report - total verbal and quantitative score of 900, as well as a 4.0 or better on the analytical writing section (for tests taken before August 2011) or a total verbal and quantitative score of 300, as well as a 4.0 or better on the analytical writing section (for tests taken after August 2011).
Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score report - total score of 400 or better (for tests taken in or after October 2004) or a total score of 50 or better (for tests taken before October 2004)
If GRE/MAT scores are less than five years old, Liberty University Online will accept official scores reports.
If the GRE/MAT scores are more than five years old, Liberty University Online will accept them in one of the following forms:
- A faxed, emailed, or mailed copy directly from a previous school
- Mailed scores that are in the original sealed envelope from the testing center
- Official transcripts with the scores listed
7. Professional vita
8. TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 80 internet-based test)
Please note: Guidelines are subject to change in federal or state regulations for the licensure of school personnel.
Preliminary Acceptance Policy for Post-MA programs:
Students may submit a preliminary transcript for acceptance if they are in their final semester and lacking nine hours or less for 30-48 credit hour Master Degree programs, or 12 hours or less for Master Degree programs that are greater than 49 credit hours. A final official transcript with degree conferral must be submitted prior to registering for the second semester with Liberty University.
Official college transcript policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution, and is in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope with a signature across the back.
Call: (800) 424-9595 (toll free); (434) 582-7800 (direct)
Please send all official college transcripts to:
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Back to Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)