Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
1. Apply online or download graduate application. Submit application.
2. $50.00 Deferred application fee (Assessed during financial check in)
3. Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy).
4. Master's degree in education (or a related field) with a 3.0 GPA from an institution that is accredited by an agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Applicants with a non-educational master’s degree may be required to complete M.Ed. core courses (up to 12 additional hours) before taking any post-graduate coursework.
5. Recommender Contact Information for 2 references
6. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report - total verbal and quantitative score of 900, as well as a 4.0 or better on the analytical writing section (for tests taken before August 2011) or a total verbal and quantitative score of 300, as well as a 4.0 or better on the analytical writing section (for tests taken after August 2011).
Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score report - total score of 400 or better (for tests taken in or after October 2004) or a total score of 50 or better (for tests taken before October 2004)
If GRE/MAT scores are less than five years old, Liberty University Online will accept official scores reports.
If the GRE/MAT scores are more than five years old, Liberty University Online will accept them in one of the following forms:
- A faxed, emailed, or mailed copy directly from a previous school
- Mailed scores that are in the original sealed envelope from the testing center
- Official transcripts with the scores listed
7. Professional vita
8. TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language (score of 600 paper-based test; 250 computer-based test; 80 internet-based test)
Please note: Guidelines are subject to change in federal or state regulations for the licensure of school personnel.
Preliminary Acceptance Policy for Post-MA programs:
For post-graduate admission: The student is within 6 hours of completion for a 30-48 hour graduate program or 9 hours of completion for a 49 or more hour graduate program.
Official college transcript policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution, and is in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope with a signature across the back.
Call: (800) 424-9595 (toll free); (434) 582-7800 (direct)
Please send all official college transcripts to:
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Back to Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)