Please note: Before Liberty can award transfer credit from transfer partnerships, you must apply for an eligible program.
ALEKS (Assessment and Learning in Knowledge Spaces)
ALEKS is a web-based, artificially intelligent assessment and learning system which uses adaptive questioning to quickly and accurately determine exactly what a students knowledge base is on a given subject. The assessment is able to instruct the student on the topics they are most ready to learn. As the student works through a course, ALEKS periodically reassesses them to ensure that topics learned are also retained. ALEKS is proven to raise grades and pass rates, as well as resolves college-readiness and course mastery issues for millions of students. Certain ALEKS courses are recommended by ACE.
Distance Learning Systems Indiana
Distance Learning Systems Indiana (DLSI) is an online learning platform that offers a low-cost path for college credit. Students can earn university credit in business, nursing, technology, and several other disciplines. By blending the freedom of online learning with the structure and support of traditional education, DLSI helps students get a head start on their university education. The courses below are approved to transfer from DLSI into a Liberty University degree program.
Previously known as CollegePlus, Lumerit Education advises students on options for college credit and focuses on guiding students through the college process so they are set up for success and minimal debt accumulation. Lumerit Education primarily uses educational coaching and planning to help a student complete as many college credit exams (CLEP, DSST, Excelsior Exams, etc) as possible to minimize the amount they will need to spend for their degrees.
- Lumerit Education Coach: Students are put in contact with a “coach” who will guide them through the college process and help them determine what their goals are and how to reach them.
- Life Purpose Discovery: Guides the student through Life Purpose material that will help them focus their passions and interests.
- Study Skills: Helps the student acquire skills like speed reading, dynamic memory tools, and critical thinking.
- Degree Consultation: Helps the student develop a customized degree roadmap based upon their assessments.
- Credit-By-Exam: Using the student’s degree roadmap, the coach will suggest a significant amount of CLEP, DSST, Excelsior Exams, etc. to complete. This will allow the student to start earning college credit with a minimal amount of debt incurred.
- Lumerit Education Courses: At this time Lumerit Education offers a number of online courses that are ACE-approved for college transfer. These include Leadership classes, Comparative Worldviews, and Community Service Learning. Many of these courses will transfer to Liberty University, and they will transfer in as elective credit only.
Sophia Learning provides an alternative for non-traditional students to achieve success in their college endeavors by providing affordable, flexible, and transferable classes. Certain Sophia Learning classes are recommended by ACE and are DEAC-approved (Distance Education Accreditation Commission). Military and First Responder students can receive a $50 discount on Sophia courses by using the promotional code “SERVICE”. There is no limit to the number of courses taken using this code.
StraighterLine is an institution that offers general education online courses, tests, and assessments that conform to the American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines for awarding transfer credit.
- New students who have never purchased courses from StraighterLine before can be eligible for a promotion.
- When checking out after enrolling in StraighterLine courses, students should enter Liberty University’s promo code: Liberty50.
- Students must enter the code and select “Apply” so that it will appropriately submit.
Students should be encouraged to contact StraighterLine for a transcript and have them send it to Liberty Online for credit. StraighterLine transcripts are not required for admission into Liberty University since it is not a college/university, but it is ACE credit.
Liberty will award credit once official transcripts are received.
Study.com tries to make education accessible with video summaries of textbook material online. Although students can use this to improve their grades, if students want transfer credit, they will need to take assessment tests. Students can send in ACE transcripts to receive an evaluation.