Prepare for Success in Your Online Classes with Free Tutoring!
Liberty University is committed to providing a wide variety of resources to equip you for success with online education. Should you find yourself in need of some extra assistance with your coursework, tutoring might be an option for you.
We have worked with Tutor.com to provide free online tutoring services and career assistance to our students in our online programs. Over 3,000 tutors are available to work with you on a variety of different topics so you can feel confident that you are getting the most out of your education. With 24/7 tutoring services access, you can get help from tutors standing by at any time of day.
Liberty University wants to give you the resources you need to succeed.
- Tutor.com services are available 24/7 to assist you with questions you may have.
- Our partnership with Tutor.com is designed to give you topic preparation as an extension of your class materials and teaching.
- All online program students are eligible for up to 10 hours of online tutoring services per semester. Your time is only counted when you are in a live session or when a tutor is reviewing your paper.
For questions or to request additional time, please contact Academic Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics Covered on Tutor.com
- Business: introductory accounting, intermediate accounting, introductory economics, introductory macroeconomics, introductory microeconomics, finance, and principles of management
- Career help: interview help, job search help, and résumé help
- Computer science: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Java, C++, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- English: grammar, reading comprehension, American literature, British literature, European literature, and world literature
- History: U.S. history, government, European history, and world history
- Math: math fundamentals, college algebra, intermediate algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, discrete mathematics, finite math, linear algebra, and quantitative reasoning
- Psychology: introduction to psychology and statistics
- Science: anatomy and physiology, biology, earth science, microbiology, organic chemistry, and physics
- Writing: ESL and live writing support
Tutoring Services: Courses with Specific Hours
- Microsoft Help (available every day from 6 p.m.-12 a.m. EST) | Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel
- Social Science (available every day from 6 p.m.-12 a.m. EST) | Research Methods
- Business (available every day from 6 p.m.-12 a.m. EST) | Intermediate Microeconomics
- Computer Science (available every day from 6 p.m.-12 a.m. EST) | Programming: Python
Helpful Features Available to Online Students
Replay your sessions to review the content: Your tutoring sessions are recorded so you can review feedback and explanations whenever you need a review. This feature allows you to practice the different problems you are covering in your classes.
Diagnostic quizzes to assess your skills: Tutor.com provides diagnostic quizzes at different levels of science and math to see where you need improvement. Practice tests will help you learn strong test-taking skills and better prepare you for course quizzes and exams. The diagnostic quizzes can also guide tutors so they can better help you shore up weaknesses and improve on your strengths.
Schedule specific tutors: Did you find a tutor that provided great assistance and connected well with your learning style? Tutor.com allows you to save your favorite tutors’ information and see their schedule. You can have a tutor who is familiar with topics that you struggle with and will know how to assist you best!
Tutor.com ToGo app: Tutor.com ToGo is a free app designed to give you academic assistance no matter where you are.