Minister to the Next Generation with a PhD in Christian Leadership – Next Gen Ministries from Liberty University
The Christian youth of today have the potential to be the godly men and women of tomorrow, but only if they are set on the right path. Ensuring that the future is led by strong men and women of God involves intentional ministry and specialized training that you can gain with a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Christian Leadership – Next Generation Ministry. With a ministry degree from Liberty, you can prepare to engage Christian youth in innovative and exciting ways.
We know that you are passionate about serving the next generation of Christian young people – and at Liberty, you can direct that passion into useful research about ministering to youth demographics. If you are ready to take the next step in your ministry career, then our Christian leadership degree may be for you.
*The PhD in Applied Apologetics, PhD in Bible Exposition, PhD in Christian Leadership, and PhD in Practical Theology are not approved by the Commission on Accrediting of The Association of Theological Schools but are approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why Choose Liberty’s Christian Leadership PhD Program?
We know that, as you search for Christian PhD programs and ministry leadership degrees, flexibility is a major consideration. That is why our Christian leadership degree is offered 100% online with no set login times. With flexibility like this, you can study while continuing to remain dedicated to your family, career, and community – all from the comfort of home.
Additionally, the faculty in our Christian leadership programs are dedicated to your personal success – both as a ministry leader and as a scholar in the field of Christian leadership. Our professors have years of experience in ministry and advanced degrees in related areas of study. They are excited to mentor you as you earn your Christian leadership degree.
While some Christian leadership university programs may not be accredited, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) – so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our PhD in Christian Leadership – Next Gen Ministries Degree?
In our PhD in Christian Leadership, you will take a variety of core courses covering topics such as organizational behavior, ethics, and group and team dynamics. By studying topics like these, you can prepare for new opportunities or positions of added responsibility in church and ministry-related organizations.
You will also have the opportunity to take courses in leadership models for next generation ministry, issues and trends in next gen ministry, and the biblical and theological foundations of leadership and education. Our curriculum is designed so that you can be prepared for a wide variety of situations. With the skills and knowledge you can attain through these classes, you can set yourself apart from the competition. By completing several research courses and a dissertation, you can learn to produce original research that pushes the boundaries of the Christian leadership field.
- CLED 700 – Biblical and Theological Foundations of Leadership
- CLED 715 – Ecologies of Christian Formation
- CLED 815 – Character and Ethics in Leadership and Education
- CLED 845 – Group and Team Dynamics: Theory and Practice of Leadership
Highlights of Our Christian Leadership Doctoral Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your Christian leadership degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You’re pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 a semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester!**
- Network with other Christian leadership professionals from around the world while pursuing your PhD in Christian Leadership – Next Gen Ministry.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
**Credits taken below 7 and above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
PhD in Christian Leadership – Next Generation Ministry Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides(login required).
- Contribute to the body of knowledge in your field through this program’s integrated dissertation process.
Potential Career Opportunities for PhD in Christian Leadership – Next Generation Ministry Graduates
As a graduate of our PhD in Christian Leadership – Next Gen Ministry program, you may be better prepared for a variety of careers, including:
- Christian author
- Christian ministry professional
- Director of engagement
- Director of youth ministry
- Parachurch professional
Admission Requirements for Our PhD in Christian Leadership – Next Generation Ministry
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Previous education showing at least 15 graduate hours of Bible, Theology, or Leadership courses
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Writing sample
- Departmental approval
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.