Help Nonprofits and Churches Innovate and Enhance Their Organizational Leadership Methods with Liberty’s PhD in Faith-Based Consulting
Do you desire to help nonprofits become more effective in the global workplace? If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to help faith-based organizations accomplish their mission and vision, then Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting might be for you. This is a research degree designed for leaders in all aspects of Christian churches, organizations, and schools. Through empirical research, you can learn how to address various educational and ministerial challenges. You’ll also explore how biblical principles relate to education and leadership philosophy, theory, and practice.
The faith-based consulting specialization can help you work with churches or organizations to make them more successful. By completing your faith-based consultant degree at Liberty, you can develop the skills and knowledge you need to coach leaders through crisis management and resolution as well as organizational innovation. While the main focus of these skills is on faith-based organizations, these leadership principles have a wide range of applications beyond the church and Christian organizations.
Our courses can help you prepare to make a difference in the world, and your dissertation can help you refine your problem-solving skills as you conduct scholarly research to contribute to the current knowledge base. Through this Christian leadership doctorate, you can increase your effectiveness in your present position or prepare to begin working in this rewarding field.
Why Choose Liberty’s PhD in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting Program Online?
Liberty’s mission of Training Champions for Christ is exemplified in this Christian leadership consulting degree. This PhD is considered an empirical research doctorate. You will have the opportunity to find solutions for educational and ministerial research problems as you complete your dissertation.
Through our online PhD in Christian Leadership program, you can expand your knowledge and skills conveniently from the comfort of your home. This flexibility enables you to pursue your educational aspirations while actively participating in your family, job, and community.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is uniquely equipped to provide the training you need to explore new career opportunities. Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Our programs have met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements – so you can pursue your degree with confidence
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Doctorate in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting Degree?
This degree is divided into 3 main parts: core Christian leadership courses, the faith-based consulting specialization, and research courses. By synthesizing this knowledge into a dissertation focused on the application of these 3 parts, you can assist in generating solutions for challenges you find in areas related to education and nonprofits.
Our Christian leadership courses emphasize the fundamental principles of leadership and education derived from the Bible. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to acquire expertise in organizational theory and development as well as explore both contemporary and historical theories pertaining to management and leadership. Whether you’re leading a ministerial or educational organization, you can greatly benefit from studying group and team dynamics as well as gaining insight into academic leadership.
Within the faith-based consulting specialization, you will examine the role, skills, and character qualities needed for success as a faith-based consultant. You can gain perspective on the ways that you can assist churches, Christian organizations, executive-level leaders, pastoral leaders, and teams in defining their vision and resolving their problems. Learning how to guide them in different aspects of organizational management is another key area you will study. Additionally, you will explore ways to coach leaders, so you can mentor them in developing effective personal habits and management strategies that allow them to lead more effectively.
Lastly, you will engage in a series of research courses that will culminate in the completion of a dissertation. This comprehensive endeavor can enhance your understanding of efficient research methodologies – specifically tailored to Christian leadership. This also serves as a valuable opportunity to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in this field.
- CLED 725 – Faith-Based Consulting*
- CLED 740 – Organizational Assessment and Development*
- CLED 750 – Coaching Leaders*
- CLED 815 – Character and Ethics in Leadership and Education
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Faith-Based Consulting Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete this Christian leadership doctorate in faith-based consulting in as little as 2.5 years.
- As a Liberty student, you’ll have the opportunity to network with leaders in ministry and academia from across the country.
- Our Christian leadership and faith-based consulting courses online can be completed from the comfort of your home.
- As a John W. Rawlings School of Divinity PhD student, you will receive a block rate of $2,750 per semesterif you take 7-15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester!**
- Our integrated dissertation process allows you to complete parts of your dissertation throughout your degree. You can complete this crucial part of your education both efficiently and effectively.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
**Credits taken below 7 and above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
PhD in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
- A dissertation is required.
Potential Career Opportunities for Graduates of the Doctorate in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting Program
- Ministry consultant
- Ministry evaluator
- Nonprofit ministry project manager
- Staff advisor
Admission Requirements for Our PhD in Christian Leadership and Management
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Previous education showing at least 15 graduate hours of Bible, Theology, or Leadership courses
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Writing sample
- Departmental approval
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.