Prepare for Ministry in the Local Church and Beyond with Liberty’s EdD in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry Degree
Are you passionate about leading ministry efforts in your church or community? Do you want to hone your skills as a Christian school educator or administrator, church ministerial staff member, or parachurch organization leader? If so, Liberty’s 100% online Doctor of Education (EdD) in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry degree may be for you!
This doctoral program is designed to help you address various educational and ministerial challenges using empirical research. Throughout your courses, you can develop the knowledge, character qualities, and skills essential to leading a faith-based organization. Additionally, you’ll be challenged to synthesize teaching, learning, and group theory to foster effective leadership. The strategic Christian ministry specialization can help equip you to carry out ministry efforts that promote spiritual growth and discipleship.
Churches and organizations around the world need strong ministry leaders who can effectively serve believers and non-believers alike. By pursuing a Christian leadership – online Christian ministry degree at Liberty University, you can become equipped to make a difference in your community and beyond.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s EdD in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry Degree?
Liberty has been a pioneer in distance education since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has not. We’ve designed our doctorate in Christian leadership – strategic Christian ministry degree to provide you with maximum flexibility, affordability, and accessibility. At Liberty, you can earn a degree of the highest quality without compromising your morals.
Here are just some of the benefits of choosing Liberty’s Christian leadership degree in ministry:
- Accreditation | Our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Additionally, unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Our programs have met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements — so you can pursue your degree with confidence.
- Flexible Courses | This doctoral degree in Christian ministry is offered 100% online with no set login times. At Liberty, you can earn your degree from the comfort of home and easily access your course materials whenever you need them, so you won’t have to relocate or take time off from work to attend on-campus classes. We offer the flexibility you need to stay invested in your family, job, and community while pursuing your academic goals.
- Valuable Mentorship | As a leading academic institution of theological training, Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is uniquely equipped to provide the training you need to explore new career opportunities. Our faculty have years of experience in ministry and academia, and each of them is committed to teaching from a biblical worldview. With their guidance, you can strengthen your leadership skills and prepare to serve with integrity in your career.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctoral Degree in Christian Ministry?
This online degree in Christian ministry is broken down into 3 sections: core Christian leadership courses, the strategic Christian ministry specialization, and praxis courses. Throughout the program, you can gain a deeper understanding of how biblical and theological principles relate to education and leadership philosophy, theory, and practice.
Our core Christian leadership courses cover topics like the biblical and theological foundations of education and leadership, leadership and management theory, and organizational theory and development. You’ll also study group and team dynamics, theological anthropology, and the importance of character and ethics in leadership and education.
The strategic Christian ministry specialization can help equip you to lead strategic initiatives that address challenges in churches, ministries, and faith-based organizations. With this knowledge, you can foster discipleship and growth in your congregation and community. Additionally, you can learn how to:
- Create a strategic plan for helping a ministry or church become more rooted in a biblical foundation.
- Develop a ministry philosophy that reflects biblical principles.
- Evaluate the health of a church or ministry.
- Identify the essential marks of a biblical disciple.
- Leverage the dynamics of innovative change, conflict resolution, and empirical principles to strengthen faith-based organizations.
- Utilize new technologies, creative methods, and strategic initiatives to help move a church or organization forward.
Lastly, you’ll complete a praxis sequence that allows you to apply what you’ve learned to a real-world scenario. That way, you can be better prepared to face challenges in the field of education upon graduation.
- CHMN 860 – Marks of a Disciple
- CHMN 861 – Marks of a Biblical Church
- CLED 700 – Biblical and Theological Foundations of Leadership
- CLED 780 – Change, Power, and Conflict in Leadership
Highlights of Our EdD in Christian Leadership – Online Christian Ministry Degree Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online degree in ministry from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete this doctorate in Christian leadership – strategic Christian ministry degree online in as little as 3 years.
- As a Liberty student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
*Please note: Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
Doctorate in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s EdD in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry Degree Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for EdD courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Careers for Doctorate in Christian Leadership – Online Christian Ministry Degree Graduates
- Christian education administrator
- Christian educator
- Christian ministry director
- Church administrator
- Church discipleship coordinator
- Curriculum coordinator
- Nonprofit organization leader
- Parachurch organization leader
Admission Requirements for Our Online Degree in Christian Ministry and Leadership
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.