Develop Consulting Skills to Help Faith-Based Organizations Thrive with Liberty’s Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting
Liberty’s Doctor of Education (EdD) in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting degree may be your key to a career that involves helping faith-based organizations achieve their vision and mission. Picture yourself guiding nonprofit organizations and churches to help them grow stronger and more effective. You’re not just a consultant or a leader; you can become a beacon of faith, guiding others with wisdom and expertise. With an online doctoral degree in Christian leadership – faith-based consulting, you can gain the knowledge and skills you need to make a real difference in your community and beyond.
The goal of our EdD in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting is to help you develop consulting techniques within faith-based organizations for areas such as crisis management and resolution, nonprofit management and leadership, organizational leadership transitions, and organizational development. The consulting process for Christian organizations is unique, and learning how to navigate this process can help open a wide variety of doors for you in the industry.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting Degree?
Imagine being able to work toward your degree from anywhere at any time. With Liberty University, you can do just that! Our Doctor of Education (EdD) in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting degree is 100% online, which means you’ll have the opportunity to study and learn from the comfort of your home or wherever is most convenient for you. Online education provides you with the chance to continue your current job, spend time with your family, and still work on your degree – all at your own pace.
Liberty University also offers you the opportunity to learn from some of the best minds in the fields of faith-based consultancy, Christian formation, digital discipleship, and the church. The Spirit-filled faculty at Liberty are not just teachers – they’re mentors who care deeply about your growth. They can not only help you develop your professional skills but also nurture the fruit of the Spirit within you. Imagine the kind of impact you could make with such guidance!
Liberty University is home to the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, one of the leading academic institutions for theological training. Becoming a Liberty student means you’re learning from an institution that is recognized and respected in the field of Christian leadership. With Liberty’s Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting degree, you’re not just picking a degree – you’re embarking on an educational experience that can shape your future in remarkable ways.
What Will You Learn in Our EdD in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting Degree?
In our doctor of Christian leadership – faith-based consulting program, each course is designed to give you a deep understanding of key areas in Christian leadership and consultancy. During this program, you will have the opportunity to gain insight into the theological foundations of leadership using evidence found in Scripture. Additionally, you will study the theological foundations of education, including the history and philosophy of Christian education.
While earning your EdD in Christian Leadership with a specialization in faith-based consulting, you can become equipped with the tools and techniques needed to be an effective consultant in the faith-based sector. You can gain an understanding of the role, skills, and character qualities required to be successful in the industry. You can also learn how to help faith-based organizations create a culturally and contextually relevant vision for the future.
As a student in our doctor in Christian leadership – faith-based consulting program, you’ll have the opportunity to obtain a comprehension of different cultures and how to adapt your leadership style to them, which can help you become a more empathetic and versatile leader. You will also be required to complete a series of praxis courses, which are designed to bridge the gap between theory and practice. These courses will encourage you to apply advanced theoretical concepts to a real-world situation. Through interactive learning, independent research, and critical reflection, you can hone your practical skills, promote creative problem-solving, and deepen your understanding of the subject matter. These courses are pivotal in preparing you for professional roles after graduation. As a graduate, you can be equipped with the knowledge to serve, lead, and make a difference in organizations that need it most.
- CLED 700 – Biblical and Theological Foundations of Leadership
- CLED 745 – Leadership and Cultural Contextualization
- CLED 780 – Change, Power, and Conflict in Leadership
- CLED 820 – Leadership and Management Theory
Highlights of Our EdD in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our EdD in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting can be completed in as little as 2.5 years.
- Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
EdD in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s EdD in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for EdD courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting Graduates
- Christian school consultant
- Christian school principal
- Church consultant
- Missions organization consultant
- Nonprofit program coordinator
Admission Requirements for the EdD in Christian Leadership – Faith-Based Consulting Online
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.