Influence Ministry and Connect with Christ-Followers Across the Globe with Our Doctorate in Christian Leadership – Digital Discipleship
The digital age has brought on a new reality that has blurred the historic distinction between the physical and digital world. People are interacting with technology constantly. As we look to bring God’s Word to more people, it has become increasingly important to think about ministry in the context of an ever-growing list of online and digital settings. Liberty’s Doctor of Education (EdD) in Christian Leadership – Digital Discipleship can help equip you with essential leadership and technical skills that you can use to share God’s Word with digital audiences across the world.
The growth of digital platforms has created an entirely new opportunity for virtual discipleship. Today’s online Christian community transcends the traditionally defined community and allows us to reach even more people with the Gospel. Whether it be due to sickness, location, or some other circumstance, many in your ministry may be unable to attend in person. This digital evangelism and discipleship degree can help you understand and use innovative technology to help fulfill the Great Commission.
Additionally, our Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership is designed to help you integrate a biblical worldview with leadership and education principles. This applied theology degree can help you as you lead and manage church and ministry organizations. Partner with us to learn skills that can help you make an impact for God’s Kingdom through education and technology.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctor of Christian Education Online?
Liberty University’s mission of Training Champions for Christ extends into every area of your education. Here are some of the ways Liberty stands out and upholds this mission:
- This Christian doctoral program is offered 100% online. If you are actively engaged in ministry, family, or professional obligations, you won’t have to worry about relocating or attending on-campus classes.
- Our online program promotes a Christian leadership community. You’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with professors and other students throughout your degree.
- Our online degree in discipleship can help you learn new and innovative ways to reach out and create your own digital Christian community in your church or organization.
- This degree’s praxis sequence allows you to conduct valuable research and demonstrate the knowledge you’ve learned throughout the program.
What Will You Learn in Our Digital Discipleship Doctorate?
Our EdD in Christian Leadership – Digital Discipleship degree program is designed to provide you with a biblical foundation for leadership and effective utilization of technology. In this program, you will examine the debate over whether physical presence is a requirement for an authentic Christian community. Your courses can help equip you with the tools and skills essential to effectively lead a team and share God’s Word across the globe.
The digital discipleship specialization can help you formulate an emerging theology of networks through which the Spirit of God works to minister to His people. Just as Martin Luther transformed Europe and eventually the world by utilizing the emerging technology of his time — the printing press — so you have a similar opportunity because of the technological innovations available to us today.
Your Christian leadership courses will culminate in doctoral-level research for practical application in diverse educational, organizational, and ministry contexts. Fulfillment of the EdD praxis gives you the opportunity to exhibit your expertise and abilities. You can apply advanced concepts learned in the Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership program to your research.
- CLCM 510 – Constructing a Theology of Networks for the Digital Age
- CLCM 520 – Spiritual Formation in the Digital Age
- CLCM 530 – Creating Christian Community Online
- CLCM 540 – Introduction to Ministry in the Digital Age
Our EdD in Christian Leadership Online Degree Information
- This EdD program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Degree in Discipleship
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for EdD courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership Graduates
You may be qualified to pursue a variety of careers with our Christian leadership doctoral degree including:
- Church discipleship coordinator
- Communications liaison
- Digital ministry leader
- Digital pastor
- Director of digital ministries
- Online campus pastor
Admission Requirements for Our EdD in Christian Leadership – Digital Discipleship
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Our Christian Leadership Doctoral Degree Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Christian doctoral degree in education from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of ATS, the Association of Theological Schools.
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks* with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete the Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership – Digital Discipleship degree online in as little as 2.5 years.
- As a Christian leader, you can benefit from networking opportunities with other professionals in the program from across the country.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.