Revive and Grow Your Ministry with Liberty’s Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership – Church Revitalization
Are you a pastor or member of a struggling church? Perhaps you’re a bit disheartened by your church’s current state – things might have gone well previously, but your ministry has since fallen on difficult times. Just as churches go through periods of encouraging growth, so too can they struggle to attract and retain members. That’s why Liberty University offers an online Doctor of Education (EdD) in Christian Leadership – Church Revitalization: to help you nurture your church back to health.
We recognize that your commitment to the Church means you can’t afford to leave your community in order to pursue your degree. That’s why our EdD in church renewal is offered 100% online with no set login times and no required intensives. The knowledge you gain throughout this degree program can be used to solve real-world challenges, and our professors are available to mentor you as you seek to breathe new life into your church.
The courses in our EdD in church revitalization can challenge you to critically assess shortcomings in the church, teach you to overcome these issues, and help you set your congregation’s positive spiritual trajectory. The time has never been better to pursue your doctoral degree, and at Liberty University, we make earning your EdD as convenient as possible. Partner with us, develop a valuable skill set, and lead your church back to success.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership – Church Revitalization Degree?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we understand what you’re looking for in an online degree program. You want a rigorous, respected degree that will challenge you to grow while allowing you to stay invested in your other priorities. At Liberty, we strive to meet your standards by hiring distinguished faculty, upholding institutional and programmatic accreditation standards, and offering our courses online with no required intensives.
Our School of Divinity is home to an impressive collection of esteemed faculty who have established themselves as true experts in their field. Throughout your EdD in church revitalization, you’ll be able to learn from the real-world experience of instructors who have served and continue to serve in ministries of different sizes. Whether you have questions about class assignments or questions related to your ministry, our professors are happy to assist and pray for you.
This degree program can also help prepare you for an increasingly in-demand field. Research indicates that American churches are in need of help. According to Gallup, church membership among US adults fell below 50% in 2021 for the first time since Gallup began recording church attendance in 1937 – when over 70% of Americans were members of a church.* It is our Christian duty to help reverse this trend, but it won’t be easy. Revitalizing the American church will take prayer, hard work, and effective evangelists who know what it takes to revive their churches. With Liberty’s EdD in Christian Leadership – Church Revitalization, you can become better prepared to play a pivotal part in reversing this trend.
*Gallup, Gallup Inc. at U.S. Church Membership Falls Below Majority for First Time (viewed online August 12, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Education in Church Revitalization Degree?
Our Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership – Church Revitalization consists of 3 sections: core courses, the church revitalization specialization, and research and praxis courses.
In the Christian leadership core, you will study biblical and theological foundations of leadership and education. You will also study theological anthropology in leadership and education, character and ethics, leadership and management theory, and organizational theory. The core courses in this degree are rounded out by an analysis of group and team dynamics as well as theory and practice in leadership.
The church revitalization specialization is composed of 3 courses that will cover biblical leadership in church revitalization; strategic leadership in church revival; and change, power, and leadership. Each of these courses can benefit you as you seek to play a role in the reversal of declining church attendance.
At the end of your degree, you will complete 3 sequential praxis courses. The praxis sequence allows you to produce an artifact that demonstrates applied research competency, scholarly development, and professional development.
- CHMN 810 – Biblical Leadership in Church Revitalization
- CHMN 820 – Strategic Leadership for Church Revitalization
- CLED 780 – Change, Power, and Conflict in Leadership
- CLED 855 – Teaching and Learning: Theory and Practice in Leadership
Highlights of Our Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership – Church Revitalization Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks* with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our EdD in Christian Leadership – Church Revitalization can be completed in as little as 2.5 years.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
EdD in Christian Leadership – Church Revitalization Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s EdD in Christian Leadership – Church Revitalization Degree Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for EdD courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Graduates of the Doctorate in Christian Leadership – Church Revitalization Program
- Church administrator
- Church revitalization specialist
- Ministry director
- Revitalization pastor
- Senior pastor
Admission Requirements for the EdD in Christian Leadership Online
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.