Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership Admission Requirements
- Apply online or call an Admissions Counselor at (800) 424-9596.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Submit official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system). Admission requires a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least 36 credit hours and a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose
- The Statement of Purpose is an opportunity to demonstrate to application reviewers why you wish to pursue a doctoral degree at Liberty University, and also to showcase graduate-level writing abilities. Develop a well-written statement that describes how previous education and experience has prepared you for doctoral studies, what you hope to achieve by pursuing a doctoral degree, and the personal strengths that will help you succeed in a doctoral program.
- The Doctor of Education (EdD) in Christian Leadership is offered through Liberty University’s School of Divinity, a Christian academic community in the tradition of evangelical institutions of higher education. Accordingly, you will want to review the Liberty University Doctrinal Statement as you prepare to write your Statement of Purpose. You should also understand that program courses are taught from this evangelical theological perspective. Where appropriate, you should integrate clear references to your own biblical worldview as you respond to the questions on the Statement of Purpose.
- In 1,000-1,500 words, please answer the following questions:
- How has your previous education and/or work experience prepared you for doctoral studies at Liberty University?
- What is your goal with regard to pursuing a doctoral education at Liberty University?
- Please describe the character and values you possess that will help you succeed in your desired field.
- Department Review
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
The Office of Graduate Admissions may request additional documentation while conducting admission reviews to evaluate a candidate’s record before a final admission decision can be made.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Back to the EdD in Christian Leadership