Influence Tomorrow’s Leaders with Our Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership
Our 100% online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Christian Leadership – Ministry Leadership degree prepares you to disciple new leaders in addition to increasing your own ministry effectiveness. As an applied theology degree, our doctorate in Christian leadership integrates a biblical worldview with leadership, education, and social science principles so that you can gain a well-rounded foundation to lead wherever God calls you. We have designed our doctorate degree in Christian leadership to help you become a Champion for Christ, and we invite you to partner with us and make the impact for Christ’s kingdom you always knew you could.
Our online Ed.D. in Christian Leadership is designed to prepare and equip students with research, teaching, management, and leadership competencies for executive-level leadership roles in churches, mission organizations, nonprofits, and Christian academic institutions. To demonstrate your research abilities, our online Ed.D. in Ministry Leadership degree program culminates in an integrated doctoral dissertation.
Our Ed.D. in Christian Leadership program recognizes faith-based organizations as dynamic and developmental in nature. Therefore, the program promotes a balanced model of Christian leadership that recognizes the importance of biblical values, inspiring vision, godly virtues, and attention to the details of venture management.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Ed.D. in Christian Leadership Degree?
At Liberty, we support you in your pursuit of excellence. When you earn your Ed.D. in Christian Leadership degree with us, you can trust you are receiving an excellent education from a university that holds accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Taught by professors with real-world experience in ministry leadership, our Ed.D. in Christian Leadership online degree program will prepare you with practical, biblically-based skills you can use to further your ministry.
Unique Features of Liberty’s Ed.D. in Christian Leadership
- Accessible to “Life-Engaged” Learners – Life-engaged learners are students who are actively engaged in family, church, and professional life while participating in the doctoral program. Although this program is rigorous, it is designed with the flexibility of a fully online program and will not require you to relocate.
- Promotes a Community of Learners – Our online Ed.D. in Christian Leadership degree fosters collaborative learning by building a strong sense of community among students and professors. As you follow a prescribed sequence of seminars, relationships are developed as students learn to support and serve each other. The result is a dynamic learning environment where a caring community is a hallmark.
- Delivered through an Enhanced Online Learning Environment – Our Christian leadership doctorate degree offers faculty-mediated online learning that maintains the highest standards of academic quality while providing flexibility. You will participate in asynchronous online seminar discussions and learning activities led by your professor.
- Dissertation Development through the Curriculum – As you progress through this Ed.D. program, you will write various elements of your dissertation. These are built into courses through a progressive and systematic design. Six research courses are required. Each course is designed to build your writing of your dissertation prospectus (proposal) directly into the required seminars.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Doctorate in Christian Ministry Leadership Degree Program?
Our Ed.D. in Christian Leadership – Ministry Leadership degree program is designed to provide you with a biblical foundation for leadership and management within the church and in a variety of ministry organizations. Your online Ed.D. in Christian Leadership courses will equip you with the tools and skills essential to effectively lead a team by giving you opportunities for leadership experience. Our professors care about your growth as a leader within the church, and they will use their real-world experience in ministry leadership to teach you the practical skills you need to conquer the challenges of ministry leadership.
We want to help you maximize your time, so our Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership – Ministry Leadership degree program is offered in a flexible and affordable 100% online format. This format gives you the ability to continue investing in the people and things that matter most to you, like your family and church. With our eight-week classes and summer semester, you will be able to graduate with an Ed.D. in Christian Leadership earlier than you would in a traditional program. Plus, our online degree programs have no set login times, so you can complete your coursework when and where it is most convenient for you.
In your online Christian leadership courses, you will perform doctoral-level research for practical application in diverse educational, organizational, and ministry contexts. Fulfillment of the Ed.D. dissertation gives you the chance to exhibit your expertise and abilities as you apply advanced concepts learned in the Christian leadership program to your research.
- CLED 700 – Biblical and Theological Foundations of Leadership
- CLED 780 – Change, Power, and Conflict in Leadership
- CLED 815 – Character and Ethics in Leadership and Education
- CLED 845 – Group and Team Dynamics: Theory and Practice
Our Ed.D. in Christian Leadership Online Degree Information
- This Ed.D. program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Ed.D. in Ministry Leadership Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Careers with a Christian Leadership Doctoral Degree
- Academic teaching and leadership role
- Faith-based organizational leadership role
- Ministry or missions leadership role
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Christian Leadership – Ministry Leadership Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Our Christian Leadership Doctorate Degree Program Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- You can complete the Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership degree online in as little as 3 years.
- As a Christian leader, you will benefit from networking opportunities with other educators in the program from around the country.