Influence Tomorrow’s Leaders with Our Doctorate in Christian Education and Leadership
Do you want to disciple new leaders and improve your ministry’s effectiveness? Our 100% online Doctor of Education (EdD) in Christian Leadership – Ministry Leadership degree can help. Through this program, you will prepare to disciple new leaders and increase your own ministry’s effectiveness.
As an applied theology degree, our doctorate in Christian leadership integrates a biblical worldview with leadership, education, and social science principles. You can gain a well-rounded foundation to lead wherever God calls you. As a Christian school, we have designed this program to help you become a Champion for Christ. Partner with us and gain the training you need to make an impact on God’s Kingdom.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Is a Doctor of Education worth it?
Are you considering an EdD or PhD in Christian education and wondering if it will be worth your time and effort? We believe it is! According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals with a doctorate receive a median annual salary of $97,916. Compared to their counterparts with only a master’s, this is a 28% increase!*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment (viewed online August 31, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
How long does it take to get a doctoral degree in education?
If you are considering Christian PhD programs online, it is important to understand how long it will take to complete your degree. Our Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership can be completed in just 3 years.
While most PhD programs take up to 6 years to complete,* ours can be completed in half the time. We have created an integrated dissertation process that allows you to work through major portions of your dissertation while completing your other coursework. This allows you to stay on track and earn your doctorate as quickly as possible.
*Study.com, at How Long Does It Take to Get a PhD? (viewed online August 31, 2020).
What can you do with a Christian education degree?
Our Christian leadership doctorate is designed to help you earn and maintain administrative and leadership roles in ministry. Whether you want to work in a church, nonprofit, or educational institution, this degree can help. Our doctoral program may be right for you if:
- You are a ministry leader who would like to improve your organization.
- You are a ministry professional who would like to transition into a leadership role.
- You would like to educate the next generation of ministry leaders.
What is the difference between an EdD and a PhD in Education?
Have you been researching EdD and PhD in Christian leadership online programs and aren’t sure what the difference is? The main difference between these two types of doctoral degrees is that an EdD is focused on practice, and a PhD is focused on academia. However, either program can help you meet your career goals.
If you are looking to actively pursue roles in ministry leadership, then our program is for you. You may also be qualified to teach in Christian institutions and help pass your expertise on to the next generation of faith-based leaders.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctor of Christian Education Online?
Liberty University’s mission of Training Champions for Christ will extend into every area of your education. Here are some of the ways Liberty stands out and upholds this mission:
- Unlike other theological seminaries, Liberty University holds regional accreditation with SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- This online Christian doctoral program is offered 100% online. If you are actively engaged in ministry, family, or professional obligations, you don’t have to worry about relocation or attending on-campus intensives.
- Our online program promotes a Christian leadership community. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with professors and other students throughout your degree.
- Our integrated dissertation will allow you to complete parts of your dissertation throughout your degree. You can complete this crucial part of your education efficiently and effectively.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Educational Ministry Online?
Our Ed.D. in Christian Leadership – Ministry Leadership degree program is designed to provide you with a biblical foundation for leadership and management in the Church and ministry organizations. Your courses will equip you with the tools and skills essential to effectively lead a team by giving you opportunities for leadership experience.
Our professors care about your growth as a leader within the Church. They will use their real-world experience in ministry leadership to teach you the practical skills you need to conquer the challenges of this field.
In your online Christian leadership courses, you will perform doctoral-level research for practical application in diverse educational, organizational, and ministry contexts. Fulfillment of the EdD dissertation gives you the chance to exhibit your expertise and abilities. You will apply advanced concepts learned in the Christian leadership program to your research.
- CLED 700 – Biblical and Theological Foundations of Leadership
- CLED 780 – Change, Power, and Conflict in Leadership
- CLED 815 – Character and Ethics in Leadership and Education
- CLED 845 – Group and Team Dynamics: Theory and Practice
Our Ed.D. in Christian Leadership Online Degree Information
- This Ed.D. program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Ed.D. in Ministry Leadership Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Careers with a Christian Leadership Doctoral Degree
- Academic teaching and leadership role
- Faith-based organizational leadership role
- Ministry or missions leadership role
Admission Requirements for Our Ed.D. in Christian Leadership – Ministry Leadership
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Our Christian Leadership Doctorate Degree Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Christian doctorate degree in education from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- You can complete the Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership degree online in as little as 3 years.
- As a Christian leader, you will benefit from networking opportunities with other educators in the program from around the country.