Ph.D. in Bible Exposition
These requirements also apply to the Executive Certificate in Bible Exposition.
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9596 to apply to a degree program with an admissions counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system) showing a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.00 GPA for admission in good standing. Your transcripts must show a master’s degree with at least 15 credit hours of Bible and/or theology courses. You may also complete the Transcript Request Form to allow Liberty to attempt to request your transcripts on your behalf.
- Submit writing sample: minimum 5-page paper (excluding a cover page, table of contents, and bibliography) in Turabian format (a paper/chapter from a master’s program may be used).
- Submit a School of Divinity Questionnaire (login required).
- Department approval is required for admission.
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Call: (800) 424-9596
Fax: (888) 301-3577
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515