This course will introduce students to mobile devices, concepts, and using established mobile apps. Students will use mobile devices to create and web publish mobile media content that will enhance their understanding of the tools and functions available to tell their stories, communicate content, and establish a web presence.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
Mobile devices have replaced many of the previously dedicated devices, such as cameras, to create content. Content creation and the subsequent publishing of rich media from mobile devices reduces the costs of business, increases the effectiveness of works, and creates a dynamic workforce that is capable of leveraging technical skills in the workplace.
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to create a thread in response to the provided prompt for each forum. Each thread must be at least 250 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 1 other classmate’s thread. Each reply must be at least 150 words.
Mobile Media Assignments (6)
The student will complete individual assignments in support of the Mobile Media Cumulative Assignment. Individual parts include:
- Proposal Assignment - The student will define the topic, cause, or entrepreneurial idea that the forthcoming assignments will be addressing.
- Photo Assignment - The student will identify/take 10 images that relate to their overall overall topic, cause, or entrepreneurial idea. The student will then edit each image to best convey the message they are intending to get across to their audience.
- Audio Assignment - The student will create a voice recording that relates to their overall overall topic, cause, or entrepreneurial idea.
- Music Assignment - The student will create or identify a short piece of music that relates to their overall topic, cause, or entrepreneurial idea.
- Motion with Still Images Assignment - The student will create a slideshow using transitions between the photos they edited earlier, conveying a message that relates to their overall topic, cause, or entrepreneurial idea.
- Video Assignment - The student will create or identify a short video that relates to their overall topic, cause, or entrepreneurial idea.
Mobile Media: Cumulative Assignment
The student will submit a cumulative assignment using the tools and techniques learned throughout the course. The cumulative assignment will consist of all prior individual assignment submissions, links to all submitted mobile media content, and an overall reflective summary.