For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
This course will introduce the student to the operation and use of Microsoft SharePoint. The student will learn the basic terminology and concepts related to the use of Microsoft SharePoint software. Specific functions include the creation and maintenance of sites, creating editing libraries and lists, and content management.
This course is the Mac version of INFT 110. It is designed for students who use Macs to learn the same sets of skills that students learn in the PC version.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Utilize concepts related to the Internet, hardware, and software.
- Define basic computer terminology.
- Demonstrate file management by using Apple OS, e.g. creating folders, arranging fields, changing views, altering properties, etc., using Internet browsers.
- Demonstrate the use of email effectively including sending of files to another user and the use of Liberty Webmail.
- Create and edit basic documents including a research paper, business letter, and tables utilizing techniques learned with Word.
- Create basic formulas and manipulate a fundamental spreadsheet with Excel.
- Demonstrate an effective presentation utilizing PowerPoint.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to provide a thread in response to the provided prompt for each forum. Each thread must be at least 250 words, demonstrate course-related knowledge, and include at least 2 sources. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ threads. Each reply must be at least 150 words. Current APA, MLA, or Turabian format must be used for any citations. (TSQR: 4)
Business Case Assignments (8)
The student will complete 8 business cases with each covering the material from the units assigned each Module: Week. Each business case is a realistic business problem that must be solved using the available tools, such as MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, etc. (TSQR: 1, 2, 3)
Final Project Assignment
The student will write a 2-page research-based paper in current APA, MLA, or Turabian format that focuses on a workplace issue or problem. The student will create a related spreadsheet that uses calculations and graphic elements and also develop a PowerPoint presentation with at least 15 slides, combining elements from the Word document and Excel spreadsheet with notes. The paper and presentation must include at least 2 references in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible. (TSQR: 1, 2, 3)
Exam will be open-book/open-notes, contain 3–5 project-based questions, and have a 1-hour and 30-minute time limit. (TSQR: 1, 2, 3)