This course guides students through major issues to consider when leading an organization through change. Students will explore the way people respond to change and how to help navigate conflict in bringing about organizational change.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The Chairman of General Electric observed that change has no constituency. Simply put no one really likes change. Unfortunately this is seemingly painfully true in local churches and ministries across the world. To lead in change management you must start with God's Word and let it become the foundation for your attitude and actions. To lead change well, you must spend time developing strategies that are effective and God honoring.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
- Understand the Biblical basis for leading ministry change.
- Develop a ministry philosophy of leading change from God's Word.
- Identify and select effective goals, habits and techniques to lead change.
- Evaluate and choose some simple metrics for change management.
- Create a specific plan to for leading change in a God honoring fashion.
Textbook readings and lecture notes/presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
Written Assignments (5)
Research Paper Assignment