This course is the first step for doctoral candidates in the process of developing and completing their research study and dissertation. doctoral candidates will complete Chapter 1, Introduction and develop a detailed outline of Chapter 2, Literature Review.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
BUSI 987, Dissertation I, is the first step for DBA doctoral candidates to develop and complete the dissertation. It provides a focused study of the problem, purpose, significance, theoretical framework, biblical integration, and important literature relevant to the proposed project.
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussion: Progress Reports (15)
Students will submit weekly progress reports throughout the course.
Dissertation Guide: Tasks (9)
The Dissertation is broken up into tasks to help the student move through the process efficiently. Please review each task carefully before submitting it to avoid needless submit / review / revision cycles.
- Task 1: Bullet Point Outline
- Task 1: Bullet Point Outline - Admin Review
- Task 2: The Problem
- Task 3: The Nature of the Study
- Task 4: The Research Framework
- Task 5: Review of the Professional and Academic Literature
- Task 6: Supporting Material
- Task 7: Section 1, Foundation of the Study
- Task 7: Section 1, Foundation of the Study - Committee Review
Follow the links provided in the course. Complete the CITI Training. Submit the screenshot of your complete CITI Training courses.