Marketing Research – BUSI 614
CG • Section 8WK • 11/08/2019 to 04/16/2020 • Modified 07/28/2020
This course will provide learners with a solid foundation of the theory, evaluation and application of marketing research techniques and practices. Students will apply marketing research through the use of tools and techniques to include data collection and report-generation software.
BUSI 520 and (BMAL 590 or Meets BMAL590 / 27 hrs in BUSI with a score of 3 or BUSI 700)
Many successful firms learn and grow profitably through successful marketing research efforts. Marketing research efforts are geared toward obtaining consumer/customer insights that help guide firms toward new product development, additional or improved product features/benefits, and entry or expansion into new market segments. Therefore, MBA students must have a thorough understanding and competency in marketing research’s framework, quantitative data analysis techniques that transform data into important marketing information, and the management and direction of those efforts.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Justify a marketing research project in relation to measurable business goals.
- Use qualitative marketing research techniques in order to define superior customer surplus.
- Creatively apply quantitative marketing research modeling techniques in developing products and services that outperform the competition.
- Apply the proper application of SPSS, a statistical analysis tool.
- Effectively communicate using the practical knowledge and language of marketing research.
- Make business choices based on the wealth-creating potential of a specified marketing research project.
- Evaluate all aspects of a proposed marketing research project from a Christian worldview perspective and ensure that all choices are ultimately honoring to Christ through our witness to the world.
Textbook readings and presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in Module/Week 1.
Discussion Board Forums (2)
The student will complete 2 Discussion Board Forums consisting of a thread and 1 reply to another classmate’s thread. The thread must be at least 500 words with a minimum of 3 citations from academic journals in current APA format. The reply must be at least 350 words. The instructor is looking for substantial, thoughtful, and critical discussions.
Integration of Faith and Learning (IFL)
The student will be asked how he/she will integrate his/her faith, coupled with marketing research, within a business world context. The student will write an essay of at least 500 words. The essay must contain at least 2 biblical references, be consistent with current APA guidelines, and submitted through SafeAssign.
Qualitative Assignments (4)
The student will analyze and respond to 4 Qualitative Assignments. The assignments are based upon the marketing research theory found in the textbook readings. Each of these assignments must be written at the graduate-level and contain the requested amount of rigor and insights. These qualitative marketing research assignments are designed to broaden the student’s knowledge about providing superior customer value.
SPSS Quantitative Assignments (7)
The student will use SPSS, a statistical analysis software tool, to complete 7 Quantitative Assignments. The data sets will be provided. Using SPSS, the student will run the appropriate statistical procedures and report the results. These quantitative marketing research assignments are designed to broaden the student’s knowledge about providing superior customer value.