Marketing and Sales – BUSI 372
CG • Section 8WK • 11/08/2019 to 04/16/2020 • Modified 07/28/2020
A study of the marketing and sales roles and responsibilities with application in an automotive industry.
BUSI 330 and 370
Sales and marketing are both vital to automotive operations because they are the engine that provides customers value in both the new/pre-owned sales and the service lane. Students must understand how products and services are sold before fully comprehending holistic automotive operations.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop a customer relationship management program designed to attract and retain loyal customers for an optimum lifetime value.
- Design a website that provides similar features and functions as those of an existing automobile dealership.
- Develop a virtual marketing plan for attracting consumers through a website, converting visitors to customers, and developing an environment for repeat business.
- Role play steps in customer sales process for a dealership.
- Integrate a Christian worldview within the field of automotive management.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in Module/Week 1.
Discussion Board Forums (5)
Discussion boards are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to create a thread in response to the provided prompt for each forum. Each thread must be at least 450 words, demonstrate course-related knowledge, and incorporate at least 3 citations in current APA format. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ threads. Each reply must be at least 250 words and incorporate at least 2 citations in current APA format.
Written Assignments (2)
The student will write 2 research-based papers in current APA format that focus on the assigned topics. Each paper must be at least 750 words and include at least 3 references in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible.
Integration of Faith and Learning Essay
The student will write a dealership management policy of at least 450 words from a Christian worldview perspective.
Each exam will cover the Reading & Study material for the assigned module/week and all previous modules/weeks. Each exam will be open-book/open-notes, contain 30 multiple-choice and true/false questions, and have a time limit of 1 hour and 30 minutes.