Developing Entrepreneurial Opportunities – BUSI 338
CG • Section 8WK • 11/08/2019 to 04/16/2020 • Modified 10/27/2020
A course that expands on the principles of how to develop a business opportunity that brings value to the marketspace.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The ability of a company to test and evaluate the main building blocks of its launch plans in a contained environment help it improve the opportunities for success. This is a nurturing and learning stage, when the entrepreneur can make errors without jeopardizing the whole venture.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the development of a startup or new product through the incubation stage.
- Understand the important measures for success and guide the startup in gathering and learning from the experience.
- Assess the elements of the marketing plan and seek ways to improve it while the risk and costs are lower.
- Focus on the need for partnerships in the nascent stages of a new business.
- Evaluate the financial and human resource implications to the success of the business.
- Relate a Christian worldview to the leadership skills necessary to build an effective e-commerce business.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in Module/Week 1.
Discussion Board Forums (4)
Discussion boards are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to post a thread of at least 350-400 words to the provided prompt. Each thread must be supported by a minimum of 1 source. The student must also reply to at least 2 other classmates’ threads. Replies must contribute a substantive response, amplify, or otherwise positively critique classmates’ scholarship. Each reply must be at least 150-200 words.
Each exam will be open-book/open-notes, contain 30 questions, and have a time limit of 1 hour and 30 minutes.