What receipts do I need to save?
Save (and upload to your Expense Report) detailed receipts for all purchases that are placed on your P-Card and any purchases that are made with personal funds that need to be reimbursed by the University.
What do I do if I lost or didn’t receive a receipt?
First contact the vendor to obtain a duplicate receipt. If the vendor is unable or unwilling to provide a receipt, complete a Missing Receipt Form and file with all of your other receipts.
What information must I have on my receipts?
- The purchase date and/or the date of receipt of goods
- The vendor name and address
- The unit cost and description of each item purchased
- The total cost of the purchase
- Last 4 digits of card number and/or cardholder signature
What is the best way to keep receipts organized?
- Immediately capture a digital copy of your receipt
- Take a photo with your phone
- Scan a copy to your email or shared drive
- As soon as possible, attach your receipts to an Expense Report and submit for your approver’s review.
For questions regarding receipts, please contact Accounts Payable by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (434) 592-3166.