Frequently Asked Questions – Procurement Systems
- What is buyLU?
- Who will be able to place orders online through buyLU?
- How do I locate a supplier? (tutorial video)
- How do I order from a Punch-Out Supplier? (tutorial video)
- What if the supplier that I need to order from is not a Hosted or Punch-out Supplier?
- Should I use buyLU for my travel arrangements?
- How do I add a FOAPAL for checkout?
- How do I designate a Cart Assignee?
- How do I assign a Shopping Cart? (tutorial video)
- Why do I see two places where I can select the account number for an item?
- How do I submit a requisition? (tutorial video)
- How do I find out “why” my requisition was returned?
- How will I know if my order was approved and placed with the vendor?
- Should I still email Procurement with the W-9 for a new supplier and two quotes when amount is greater than $10,000?
- How do I remove an item from my shopping cart?
- Where can I view the changes made to my buyLU profile?
- How do I approve a requisition? (tutorial video)
- How can I tell what role I have in buyLU?
- Can I still use my p-card?
- What is Infor?
- Who has access to Infor?
- How do I become a proxy?
- How do I request per diem for an employee who does not have a P-Card?
- How do I request a per diem check before the employee begins travel?
- How do I request per diem for an employee who does not work in my department?
- How do I request per diem for a non-University employee?
- What should I do if the person is not listed as a vendor.
The purchasing tool, buyLU, is Liberty University’s online catalog and ordering solution. The system is an on-demand software model and is the University’s current requisitioning system.
All employees will have the role of “Shopper” and have the ability to shop and add items to the shopping cart. Only designated employees will have the role of “Requestor” to actually submit the shopping cart. The shopping cart will then route to “Approvers” for review and approval to make the purchase.
Orders are placed to these suppliers using a “Non-Catalog Requisition” form. The form is filled out and added to the shopping cart and continues through the standard workflow requisition process. Procurement will use the “Frequency of Item and Comments” section of these forms to determine if the supplier should be added as a Hosted or Punch-out Catalog Supplier. (For more information, refer to the buyLU Purchasing Manual, Section V.D.1-7. The Non-Catalog Requisition Form)
Group travel should be submitted via a requisition in buyLU.
Individual travel should be booked using the Liberty University Booking site or through the Liberty University Travel Office.
This can be accomplished by going to “View My Profile,” under “Default User Settings,” then select “Custom Field and Accounting Code Defaults” and then select the “Code Favorites” tab, then select the “Add” button. (For more information, refer to the buyLU Purchasing Manual, section III.B.1. Custom Field and Accounting Code Defaults)
This can be accomplished by going to “View My Profile,” then select “Default User Settings,” then select “Cart Assignees,” then select the “Add Assignee” button to search for the desired user. (For more information, refer to the buyLU Purchasing Manual, Section III.B.3. Cart Assignees)
The immediate FOAPAL section that shows up once you select “Proceed to Checkout,” is the “header FOAPAL.” A FOAPAL element added in that section will default to all lines on the requisition. Note that if you do not know what account to select at the header, you should select the account at the line level. Line level account will only display valid account numbers for that item. (For more information, refer to the buyLU Purchasing Manual, Section VII.B. Checking Out)
This can be accomplished by going to “View My Profile,” then select “Default User Settings,” then select “Notification Preferences.” Users can customize these settings to change the type of notifications and/or emails they receive for each function listed. To change the notification settings choose from the Notification Preferences menu in your user profile: Choose one of the options by clicking on it. To change this setting select the “Edit Section” link that is located in the upper right of the screen. Then select the “Override” radio button and choose an option from the dropdown menu next to “None.” (For more information, refer to the buyLU Purchasing Manual, Section IV.A.7. Notifications)
No, emails to Procurement are no longer needed. These documents are still required by Procurement; however, users can now attach required documents directly to the Non-Catalog Requisition Form by using the “Add Attachments” button. The attached documents will travel with the requisition with the approval process. (For more information, refer to the buyLU Purchasing Manual, Section V.D.6. Attachments)
You can remove items from your cart in several ways.
- You can remove an item by using the view cart option at the top of the screen and clicking the trash can icon next to the item you want to delete.
- You can access your cart from the slide-out menu (Shop / My Carts and Orders / Open My Active Shopping Cart). Click the box to the right of the item you wish to remove. Activate the drop-down menu next to “Perform an action,” and choose “Remove Selected Items.”
- You can also remove an item by selecting the “Remove” button within the item in your cart. (For more information, refer to the buyLU Purchasing Manual, Section VII.A.4. Removing items in the cart)
This can be accomplished by going to “View My Profile,” then select “User History,” then select “View User’s History.” (For more information, refer to the buyLU Purchasing Manual, Section III.G. User History)
You can check your role in your User Profile under “User Roles and Access,” then select “Assigned Roles.” (For more information, refer to the buyLU Purchasing Manual, Section III.C. User Roles and Access)
Yes, p-cards can still be used for point of sale purchases.
Infor, Per Diem
Infor is the software program that is used to manage expenses incurred by University employees whether they are on a University P-Card, per diem allowance, an out-of-pocket expense, or a cash advance.
All University employees, excluding student employees, have an Infor account. The link is available on myLU.
Employees who do not reconcile their own transactions will need to set up a proxy to reconcile on their behalf.
The employee will need to set you up as a ‘Creator Proxy’ in Infor. Have the employee login to Infor and click on the ‘Creator Proxy’ tab on their user profile.
- Application: Expense Report
- Proxy User ID: Username of reconciler
Note: Make sure to check the boxes to ‘Allow creator proxies to submit’.
Per diem for employees who do not have a P-Card should be requested as a reimbursement after travel has occurred. Proxy as the employee who needs a per diem reimbursement and creates a monthly Expense Report. Add the Per Diem Allowance to the Expense Report along with any other out-of-pocket expenses. At the end of the month, after all expenses have been reconciled, submit the Expense Report.
If per diem and travel expenses will exceed $100, the employee may request a cash advance. Proxy as the employee who needs the advance and creates an Expense Report with the purpose of ‘Cash Advance Request’. Submit the Expense Report at least 10 business days before the advance is needed.
Reconciliation will also need to be completed after travel has occurred. Proxy as the employee who received a cash advance check and create a monthly Expense Report. Add line items for the per diem allowance and any other out-of-pocket expenses. Attach receipts for all of the out-of-pocket expenses, excluding per diem meals. At the end of the month, after all expenses have been reconciled, submit the Expense Report.
Payments to non-employees should be accompanied by a contractual agreement and a buyLU Requisition, or buyLU Encumbrance if a Short Form Service Agreement For Guest Speakers & Performers (Update 8.27.2020) is used. If the proper buyLU document was not submitted, a Non-PO Check Request will need to be submitted in buyLU.