Using Your P-Card at LU
Buy what you need when you need it for your department with the Liberty University Purchasing Card (P-Card). A P-Card is a Truist VISA corporate credit card. It’s easy to use, and it replaces the requisition process for most purchases under $2,500. A Liberty University Purchasing Card (P-Card) is intended for small point-of-sale purchases and travel/professional development expenses.
For the most current updates, please visit our Announcements page.
Tips from the P-Card Office:
- Please keep in mind that when using University funds, gratuity/tips is limited to no more than 20%. This will include anytime a tip or gratuity is warranted, and if more is paid, the employee will be responsible for the difference.
- Receipts need to contain name of the establishment/vendor, date, location, each item purchased, subtotal, and total. Please keep in mind that a receipt that only shows the total, or a photo of a gas tank are not acceptable as receipts. Please also be mindful when scanning these to attach in Infor to make sure they are legible and not blurry or folded.
- Successful completion of the following Finance Training Classes is REQUIRED:
- Finance 100: Foundations of Finance
- Finance 200: Travel Policies & Procedures (if traveling with P-Card)
- Finance 220: Infor Expense Reports
- Finance 221: P-Card Policy & Procedures
- Once you have successfully completed the above courses, please send an email to email@example.com to request the application be made available.
- Once the application is requested, it will be accessible within 24 hours. Access the application within the P-Card Application Suite.
- Your P-Card will arrive approximately 7-10 days after your application is fully approved. You must meet all training requirements prior to receiving your card. You will be notified of delivery through the P-Card Application Suite and need to request a pickup appointment.
- Transactions with a date between the first and last day of a month must be reconciled and approved by the end of the 7th calendar day of the following month.
Finance 220 will instruct you on how to reconcile your PCard. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To access Infor, our expense management system, please visit the myLU webpage and click on the Infor link to login. Do you have fraud transactions? Please reference the fraud reconciliation document. Check out this video to ensure you reconcile your cash advances correctly.
The use of a P-Card is a privilege, and if misused, appropriate administrative and/or disciplinary action will be taken. Depending on the severity of misuse, this could include termination of employment and criminal prosecution.
- P-Cards are limited to transactions of $2,500 or less.
- Cards cannot be used to withdraw cash from an ATM.
- Stacking or splitting purchases over time or with different cards in an attempt to make a transaction over $2,500 is strictly prohibited.
- Prohibited item purchases are closely monitored. Violations can result in P-Card termination and/or personal liability.
If you encounter fraudulent charges on your P-Card, please follow these steps:
- Call Truist at (866) 907-3909
- Note: To ensure a call with Truist goes as smoothly as possible have the following information ready:
- First and last name of Cardholder
- Full P-Card Number (if it’s lost, please contact the P-Card office)
- Name of Business (has to be exact: Liberty University)
- Last four digits of LU’s Tax ID # (6734)
- The details of each fraud charge (description, date, amount)
- If you do have a fraud that was verified, and you will be receiving a new card, please complete this form to notify the P-Card Office. You will need your claim number from the bank for this form. Replacement cards will be sent to the P-Card Office. You will receive an email notification once it is ready for pickup.