Using Your P-Card at LU
Buy what you need when you need it for your department with the Liberty University Purchasing Card (P-Card). A P-Card is a Truist VISA corporate credit card. It’s easy to use, and it replaces the requisition process for most purchases under $2,500. A Liberty University Purchasing Card (P-Card) is intended for small point-of-sale purchases and travel/professional development expenses.
Liberty University – EIN 54-0946734
For the most current updates, please visit our Announcements page.
- Successful completion of the following Finance Training Classes is REQUIRED:
- Finance 100: Foundations of Finance
- Finance 200: Travel Policies & Procedures (if traveling with P-Card)
- Finance 220: Infor Expense Reports
- Finance 221: P-Card Policy & Procedures
- Once you have successfully completed the above courses, please email email@example.com to request the application be made available.
- Once the application is requested, it will be accessible within 24 hours. Access the application within the P-Card Application Suite.
- Your P-Card will arrive approximately 7-10 days after your application is fully approved. You must meet all training requirements prior to receiving your card. You will be notified of delivery through the P-Card Application Suite and need to request a pickup appointment.
- Transactions with a date between the first and last day of a month must be reconciled and approved by the end of the 3rd calendar day of the following month.
Finance 220 will instruct you on how to reconcile your PCard. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To access Infor, our expense management system, please visit the myLU webpage and click on the Infor link to login.
The use of a P-Card is a privilege, and if misused, appropriate administrative and/or disciplinary action will be taken. Depending on the severity of misuse, this could include termination of employment and criminal prosecution.
- P-Cards are limited to transactions of $2,500 or less.
- Cards cannot be used to withdraw cash from an ATM.
- Stacking or splitting purchases over time or with different cards in an attempt to make a transaction over $2,500 is strictly prohibited.
- Prohibited item purchases are closely monitored. Violations can result in P-Card termination and/or personal liability.
Liberty University PCard Policy
- Finance Training Classes
- Reconciliations and Expense Reporting
- Training Demonstration Videos
- Fund/Org permissions Request Form
- Incentive/Gift Reporting Form
- Missing Receipt Form
- Tax Exemption Forms:
- Please visit our Procurement Document Library for more policies, documents, and forms.
P-Card Dashboard Training
Review your department’s financial information on your Purchasing Card Dashboard. (Available to Budget Managers, Approvers, and Budget Delegates.)
Get Finance 315- P-Card Dashboard Online Training
Declined P-Card Purchase?
Your card can be declined for a number of reasons:
- Incorrect card number entered
- Incorrect expiration date
- Incorrect CVV code (back of card)
- Purchases exceed swipe limit
- The monthly credit card limit has been reached
- You are attempting to use an expired card
- Bank has flagged the transaction as a potential risk of fraud
If you have checked that items 1-6 above are not the issue, please follow these steps:
- Call the Truist Fraud Department at 1-800-511-5458
- For verification purposes, you need to supply the agent with:
- Your full credit card number
- Business EIN: 54-0946734
- Business Phone Number: 434-582-2266
- If you do have a fraud that was verified, and you requested a new card, please email email@example.com to notify us that a new card has been issued. Replacement cards will be sent to the P-Card Office.
- For verification purposes, you need to supply the agent with:
What receipts do I need to save?
- Save original, detailed receipts for all purchases that are placed on your P-Card and any purchases that are made with personal funds that need to be reimbursed by the university until you are ready to upload into Infor.
- Per diem expenses or personal purchase receipts are not required to be saved or uploaded to Expense Reports.
- Upload receipts to the appropriate Expense Report. Be sure that all receipts are legible and provide all the necessary information about the purchase.
What is the best way to keep receipts organized?
- Immediately capture a digital copy of your receipt
- Take a photo with your phone
- Scan a copy to your email or shared drive
- As soon as possible, attach your receipts to an Expense Report and submit them for your approver’s review.
For questions regarding receipts, please contact Accounts Payable by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (434) 592-3166.
What information must I have on my receipts?
- The purchase date and/or the date of receipt of goods
- The vendor name and address
- The unit cost and description of each item purchased
- The total cost of the purchase
- Last 4 digits of card number and/or cardholder signature
What if I lost or didn’t receive a receipt?
First, contact the vendor to obtain a duplicate receipt. If the vendor is unable or unwilling to provide a receipt, complete a Missing Receipt Form and file it with all of your other receipts.
Security for Your P-Card
Help to Ensure the Security of Your P-Card
- Keep your P-Card either on you (in a purse or wallet) or locked in a location that only you have access (e.g. a locked desk drawer or personal safe)
- Never fax or email your full card number
- Never lend your card or card number to others
- Use only secure websites when placing orders over the Internet (the website URL address begins with https://)
- Treat your card with the same regard as your personal credit cards
Sam’s Club Purchases
To make Sam’s Club purchases for Liberty University, you must have a University-issued Procurement Card (P-Card). The University’s Sam’s Club account is set up with tax-exempt status and all purchases made are tax-free.
*Prior to purchasing from Sam’s Club, please see if other purchasing options are available through our BuyLU Catalogs.
Use of the University’s Sam’s Club card is available upon reservation by submitting the Sam’s Club Membership Card Requests form. Further instructions will be sent by email after your reservation is complete.
*Please note that the Sam’s Club card must be dropped off on the same day as it is picked up unless special approval is obtained from email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
For our FAQs, please visit our FAQ page below.