Online Training Webinars
New Student Orientation
Jerry Falwell Library Online Webinars
Institute for Military Resilience
Graduate Counseling Orientation
To listen to a webinar, you must have internet access with working headphones or speakers. Please be sure to follow the detailed instructions below before you access a webinar.
View detailed visual instructions
Please feel free to view previous Military Resilience Webinars below:
Feel free to review a recording of the Financial Aid 101 Webinar.
We will be discussing the following topics:
- What is Financial Aid?
- The different types of Aid Available
- The Financial Aid Process
- What is SAP and the SAP Appeal Process?
Feel free to review a recording of the New Student Orientation Webinar.
We will be discussing these questions:
- What is Academic Advising and what can you do for me?
- Understanding the technology used at Liberty University (basic overview of Blackboard and ASIST)
- Course Spacing and Formatting 101
- Understanding how to use the Degree Completion Plan Audit.
- Points all new students should know about Financial Aid
- Points of Contact: Who do I contact for x, y, and z at Liberty University?
Research Smart Workshops:
Feel free to review recordings of Jerry Fallwell Library Online Webinars.
Research Smart Workshops: Basics of Turabian formatting in Word
Jerry Falwell Library Online Webinar
Help! How do I use AMA?
Using Google Scholar
Where can I find sources for my topic?
Faculty Panel: "How can I get my scholarship published?"
Finding scholarly articles on any topic
Illiad - Using InterLibrary Loan for books and articles
How do I use that Summon thing?
How do I use databases to find information?
Understanding and using open access resources
Becoming a google power searcher
Is this website okay to use?
What is visual literacy and why is it important?
Are you a student who is new to online learning or new to Liberty University Online? Do you struggle with knowing where to start with online research? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, you will want to take advantage of the following webinars. Two dates are being offered in order to provide accessibility and flexibility.
In each of these sessions, you will be introduced to Jerry Falwell Library's online resources while learning best practices for conducting online research. The presenter will walk you through the options for research including how to locate books, media, articles, journals, and databases.
You will also learn:
- How to find and use resources for your specific degree program
- Commonly used library tools (EBSCO, ProQuest, etc.)
- How to find full text documents
- How to use the citation help tools available
Feel free to review a recording of the Blackboard Webinar.
Fundamentals of the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS)
This is a supplemental webinar to the new student orientation. In the new student orientation, new students are introduced to Blackboard along with other university systems. This webinar seeks to build upon the new student orientation, providing new students the knowledge needed to successfully navigate the Blackboard learning management system on day 1 of classes. In this webinar, new students will be taught:
- Terms specific to Blackboard
How to navigate within Blackboard
- Discussion Board 101: What is a discussion board forum, how to post to it, and how to get the most out of a discussion board assignment
How to submit an assignment
- Where to go to check your grades and find additional feedback from your instructor
How to send an email to my professor from Blackboard
- Other Blackboard tips