When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

Housing Requests

Need a Change?

Wanting to change your room assignment or swap rooms with another student? Or, maybe you just need more floor space in your dorm room. See below for some of the options that may be available to you. We’ll do our best to help you get what you’re looking for.

Interested in having a room to yourself? Students living on-campus in a room with an open bed may request to “purchase” the empty space in their room for their own use. Bed Buyouts cost $800 per semester or $1500 for the full year.

Bed Buyout Instructions – Click to View

Furniture Adjustments

You can bunk, de-bunk, loft, de-loft, and adjust the height of your own bed. View our instructional videos below for assistance. Or, you can submit a work order to have it professionally adjusted. Need help submitting your work order? View instructions here.

Furniture Adjustment Instructions – Click to View

If you are in a two-person room (double room), you can request a loft kit for a charge of $50, which will be added to your student account. (Three-person rooms come with a bunk and loft already installed, so there’s no need to submit a request.)

Loft Kit Instructions – Click to View

Overnight Visitors


Due to concerns related to COVID-19, no overnight visitors will be permitted during the 2020-21 academic year. Furthermore, students will not be permitted to allow visits to their residence hall from guests who live off campus or in another building on campus at any time. For more information on the University’s response regarding COVID-19, view the official Coronavirus webpage.

Request to change your current housing assignment by submitting a Room Change request.

Room Change Instructions – Click to View

Room Swaps

During the academic year and over the summer, you can request to swap rooms with another student.

Room Swap Instructions – Click to View